Chit Chat

Shame on me - Royal Style

edited August 2013 in Chit Chat
Removing post due to GBCK
Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Re: Shame on me - Royal Style

• I am just speechless. I would be so confused.
  • But... what is going to happen with the gifts? Is MIL going to save them until you have a baby? Try to mail them to the Duchess? 

I hope the answer is "Donate them to a children's charity" because otherwise WTFOMGSRSLY?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shame-on-me-royal-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:f6f3e0a1-762f-47c8-8c7e-37e8a74ac65ePost:158c8c8d-6e8b-4de0-94f5-1f2c39f829d0">Re: Shame on me - Royal Style</a>:
    [QUOTE]But... what is going to happen with the gifts? Is MIL going to save them until you have a baby? Try to mail them to the Duchess?  I hope the answer is "Donate them to a children's charity" because otherwise WTFOMGSRSLY?!
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

I'm told that they'll be donated to charity.  Who knows?  I've only been to one baby shower before (with a real pregnant lady present), so I'm not sure what they're going to do for entertainment.

If I get stuck opening the presents, I'm going to laugh until I break something internal.

Anniversary

• What the heck?! I'm super excited about the royal baby, but I'm a little crazy like that and I like looking at her clothes wondering if I could make them for myself. But a baby shower for the dutchess? How weird? I also want to know what she's going to do with the gifts. I think I would buy a white onesie and call it good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shame-on-me-royal-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:f6f3e0a1-762f-47c8-8c7e-37e8a74ac65ePost:158c8c8d-6e8b-4de0-94f5-1f2c39f829d0">Re: Shame on me - Royal Style</a>:
    [QUOTE]But... what is going to happen with the gifts? Is MIL going to save them until you have a baby? Try to mail them to the Duchess?  I hope the answer is "Donate them to a children's charity" because otherwise WTFOMGSRSLY?!
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

I'm picturing her mailing them to Buckingham Palace, mostly because it makes me laugh in an entirely WTFOMGSRSLY?! way
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shame-on-me-royal-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:f6f3e0a1-762f-47c8-8c7e-37e8a74ac65ePost:d35fcce3-1a27-48c2-8d81-f90930af622e">Re: Shame on me - Royal Style</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap. And I thought my FFIL was bad for constantly bringing up "his grandchildren" after FI asked him to stop. 
    Posted by HoorayForSoup[/QUOTE]

It's my purpose in life, to make others' in-law baby hunger look sane :P.  You're welcome.

Btw, our family friends made a game out of counting how many times they mentioned future grandchildren AT THE WEDDING.  They stopped counting at 9 in one hour.

Anniversary

• wow wtf?

I'd go and probably make snarky comments like "Well we'll see how Kate handles the first five years or so and then I'll consider it..."

Hopefully everything does go to charity.  Who else was even invited?

Anniversary

• In Response to Re:Shame on me Royal Style:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shame on me Royal Style:In Response to Re: Shame on me Royal Style : It's my purpose in life, to make others' inlaw baby hunger look sane :P.nbsp; You're welcome. Btw, our family friends made a game out of counting how many times they mentioned future grandchildren AT THE WEDDING.nbsp; They stopped counting at 9 in one hour.Posted by PeledreamsofrainThat is the best idea ever. I am totally stealing it. FFIL toasted his own grandchildren at our engagement dinner and brings up the vacant status of my uterus every time we see him, so while I doubt he'd hit 9 in an hour, I'm not ruling it out.nbsp; Posted by HoorayForSoup[/QUOTE]

They actually stopped counting because apparently it was a drinking game, and the waiter couldn't keep up. I'm sad I missed out on it because it sounded fun and hilarious. We have interesting friends :p.

Anniversary

• In Response to Re:Shame on me Royal Style:[QUOTE]wow wtf?I'd go and probably make snarky comments like "Well we'll see how Kate handles the first five years or so and then I'll consider it..."Hopefully everything does go to charity.nbsp; Who else was even invited? Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the guest list, but I'd be happy to post a pic of the invite when and if it comes.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_shame-on-me-royal-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:f6f3e0a1-762f-47c8-8c7e-37e8a74ac65ePost:c764ffb5-ef07-4a57-821a-514ae948e505">Re: Shame on me - Royal Style</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do we have the same baby-hungry relatives? We're not even married yet (and children aren't on our radar), and my mother and FMIL are making/buying clothes for our not-yet-existing progeny. Sigh.
    Posted by smp87[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha! Every time our parents refer to their future grandchildren, I reply in some way mentioning the word "wedlock", just to bother them. They don't even care if we're married - they just want to blow raspberries on baby bellies. SO badly.</div>
  • Whenever it's brought up (usually by my stepmother) I start discussing how quitting drinking for long enough to have a child would be a huge sacrifice on my part, it usually changes the topic pretty quickly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WTF?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • holy moly. Are you going to this?
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I read somewhere (I think on CC or E, can't imagine where else) that every time someone asks when you're going to get pregnant, just say you aren't going to start trying until 1 year after the last time someone brings it up.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards