Colorado

XP-Aspen Food and Wine Festival

I have also posted this on the Honeymoon Page

FI and I are considering celebrating our 1 year anniv. with a trip to the Aspen Food and Wine Festival in June 2014. I was wondering if anyone has ever been and what their thoughts were on the event and if you have any hotel recommendations in Aspen. Tickets look to be about $1000 per person, plus we have airfare from Boston and hotel so it will not be a cheap vaca for sure. I am just curious if it is worth it. We are not chefs and know nothing about wine but we love food and watch a lot of the cooking shows like Top Chef and always say how cool it would be to be a taster on the show. Also, the festival is only 3 days so any thoughts on what else to do in the area would be appreciated too.

Thanks!
June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP-Aspen Food and Wine Festival

• I live here in aspen and the food and wine festival is the best all summer long! Definitely recommend coming and going to as many events as possible! As for hotels, book now. The Gant and tyrolean lodge and maybe inn at aspen is going to be the cheapest but the inn at aspen is a little out of town. Have fun and see ya at the festival!!
  • Thanks for the hotel recommendations.  FI used to live in Eagle but only in the winters and I have never been to Colorado.  I'm really excited to start planning this trip.  Especially since I don't have to starve myself to fit into a bikini.  My food baby would be totally appropriate!
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds like so much fun!  Don't forget to check out Snowmass Village for lodging if price becomes an issue.  The Viceroy and Westin are really nice, plus the rates are a lot less than Aspen.  Plus, there is a shuttle that runs between the two towns that is free!  While you are in Aspen, head out to the Maroon Bells.  There are lots of hiking trails out there, and they are the most photographed mountains in the Rockies....absolutely gorgeous. 

Here are a few links to check out what is happening around that time:http://www.aspenchamber.org/what-to-do/trip-highlights/

http://www.aspensnowmass.com/events-and-activities/events

Enjoy!  Aspen is one of my FI and I's favorite places to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards