Moms and Maids
Options

Parents gifts

What are some ideas for our parents gifts? What should we budget? My parents have put a substanial amount of money into this wedding in comparison to my future in laws. Do we give them a larger gift?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Parents gifts

• Options
    In Response to Parents gifts:
    [QUOTE]What are some ideas for our parents gifts? What should we budget? My parents have put a substanial amount of money into this wedding in comparison to my future in laws. Do we give them a larger gift?
    Posted by Briannasteve[/QUOTE]

You should spend what you can afford. There isn't a correct number. But I think it would be really crappy of you to get your parents a big fancy gift simply becasue they contributed more to your wedding. No one is required to contributed and any contribution is a gift. I think you should thank each group equally to avoid hurt feelings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Parents gifts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Parents gifts : You should spend what you can afford. There isn't a correct number. But I think it would be really crappy of you to get your parents a big fancy gift simply becasue they contributed more to your wedding. No one is required to contributed and any contribution is a gift. I think you should thank each group equally to avoid hurt feelings.
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]

Not to sound like a horrible person, but my parents have also taken us into their home during a time when we needed to save money. My parents have been financially supporting us for the past year. I wanted to take this opportunity to really thank them for all the sacrifices they have made over the past year along with paying for more than half of our wedding.

Its not like im going to hand my parents the keys to a benz in front of my mother in law, then turn to her and hand her a framed photo. I just want to give a little extra to my parents. And I wouldnt being giving them their gifts in front of each other either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All this mom wants is a heartfelt thank you from the happy couple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards