July 2013 Weddings

Postage

I regret choosing pocket folds for our invites. They were nearly 1.25 to mail, not including the RSVP card stamp!! Nearly 1.71 per invite, yuck!! And yet the post office is still somehow going bankrupt. Sorry for the vent, I just can't believe how expensive it was to mail our already over budget invites!!

Re: Postage

• It was SO expensive, but I don't regret it. The invitations were so nice. We spent $1.84 per invitation because we had to buy 4 stamps for each (3 outside, 1 on the return envelope). We sent them out early unexpectedly so couldn't even buy custom stamps in the real shipping price.
  • Ours were $1.45 each ($1.12 outside, $.33 for the RSVP). It wasn't what I had hoped for, but they were so pretty I thought it was worth it. :) 
  • I'm just waiting to get my envelopes back from the calligrapher so I can go weigh the whole invite..hopefully it isn't too much! Luckily we only have 65 invites.

Either way, I love pocketfolds, wouldn't change my invites for the world!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely skimped on the invites because of weight. With over 200 to mail I didn't want to spend more than needed on postage. No pocket folds, just an invite, reception card, and RSVP postcard to be mailed back.
  • Ours were wonderfully simple--no extra postage (except for international)! But think of it this way, thank goodness you thought of weighing everything out beforehand so all your invites didn't get returned.
  • Mine are 86 cent ones, which is frustrating.  Over weight PLUS "bulky"?  We used folded things that don't stay put when they're folded, which is pretty annoying actually, and gives us the bulk.  What frustrates me more is that there is only ONE design for an 86 cent stamp, last time I checked, and I don't want to use it.  So I'll probably do two regular wedding-themed stamps instead.  It could be much worse, but GRRR postage.
  • All I can say is WOW!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • avolker1avolker1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re:Postage:[QUOTE]Mine are 86 cent ones, which is frustrating.nbsp; Over weight PLUS quot;bulkyquot;?nbsp; We used folded things that don't stay put when they're folded, which is pretty annoying actually, and gives us the bulk.nbsp; What frustrates me more is that there is only ONE design for an 86 cent stamp, last time I checked, and I don't want to use it.nbsp; So I'll probably do two regular weddingthemed stamps instead.nbsp; It could be much worse, but GRRR postage. Posted by wittykitty14[/QUOTE] Yup the same thing happened to me. Ours weren't too heavy but too thick. And yes, we could only get stamps with puffins on them that bird that looks kinda like a penguin. The post office lady was telling me they matched perfectly lol. They should make wedding stamps in all different denominations!
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Yikes!  That's a lot for postage!

FI and I were just talking about this... I feel like we got off easy with the 66 cents wedding cake stamps and regular stamp Love stamp.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to Re:Postage:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Postage: Yup the same thing happened to me. Ours weren't too heavy but too thick. And yes, we could only get stamps with puffins on them that bird that looks kinda like a penguin. The post office lady was telling me they matched perfectly lol. They should make wedding stamps in all different denominations!
    Posted by avolker1[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's totally the puffins!  I mean, they're cute, but I'd rather not have them on my wedding invitations.  I'll probably pay the extra few cents and put two wedding stamps that can match the stamps for the RSVP cards.  I'm not too worried about multiple stamps looking "tacky".  I'd rather have my postage consistent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards