Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

In-suite dinner reception

We are doing a red rock ceremony followed by dinner. We have a short list of suites that would be perfect to host the dinner we have in mind, but we're getting mixed messages from properties about outside catering for an in-suite reception. If you're in the know, will you tell me if properties are okay with outside caterers? We have come across several posts with people saying they have brought in outside food. The res agent at MB said yes okay, but they prefer in-house. Another MB rep says strictly prohibited. Will someone set the record straight?

Re: In-suite dinner reception

• Options
    Welcome to the board! We had a Valley of Fire wedding followed by an insuite reception...so very close to what you are wanting! From my experience, properties do not allow outside catering,but most hotels are so big that its not even obvious. Our catering was through masterpiece cuisine and our reception was at Planet Hollywood's Apex Suite. We did not inform PH of our reception and had no issues at all!
  • Options
    Thank you germanlinda! It's looking like the route we plan on taking. Nothing set in stone yet, so will mull it over. I will definitely check out your other posts since I'm looking at the same type of ceremony :)
  • Options
    rachel1837rachel1837 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    In Response to Re:Insuite dinner reception:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the board! We had a Valley of Fire wedding followed by an insuite reception...so very close to what you are wanting! From my experience, properties do not allow outside catering,but most hotels are so big that its not even obvious. Our catering was through masterpiece cuisine and our reception was at Planet Hollywood's Apex Suite. We did not inform PH of our reception and had no issues at all!
    Posted by germanlinda[/QUOTE]

How many people were you able to have in the Apex Suite comfortably? I'm thiking of something similar, but it's hard to tell online the sizes of the suites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards