• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

"Violet you're turning violet!"

Happy Monday friends. How was you weekend?  Did you pick the winning horse in the Derby?  I didn't. Lol. 

Did you like my movie quote today?  Fun fact the child star of the movie is now a large animal veterinarian in upstate NY. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: "Violet you're turning violet!"

• Morning!

I didn't have a pick for the Derby. I just liked looking at the pretty horses. :) Did you have fun at your party? Which child star? Charlie? That's cool. I didn't know that.

My weekend was good. Saturday morning I signed up to work with Avon so hopefully I'll make some extra money. I think it'll be fun.

H came home yesterday morning and promptly took a three hour nap. Luckily he won't have to go back up there to do anything. They signed the papers for the sale of the house last night and his sisters will be going back up to bring the uhaul down as well as the car their dad was leasing. So no more trips, thank goodness.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments

Morning! Aggie you are full of information. I didn't know that either. I am wondering where in "Upstate NY." We had a fun but tiring weekend in CT. It was good to see some friends from college and catch up. We went out to brunch Sunday before heading home. One of the ladies sitting next to us said cinco de mayo is today. Mayo pronounced like the condiment. It was pretty funny!

E: To answer your questions you asked on Friday. We are staying at the Trump Towers with my girlfriends. As far as activities we will be going to a show I think, hanging by the pool, walking around the cool hotels, going out dancin one night and eating yummy food. With my H, we haven't yet booked the Vegas hotel that is on the agenda for tonight. We will be going similar things minus dancing and probably to the pool. We are also seeing Cirque de Soliel Mystre at TI one night. Neither of us have ever been to Vegas so we will want to see the fountains, volcano, light show, etc. The big things in Vegas. We aren't gamblers so I doubt we will spend to much time gambling.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • In Response to "Violet you're turning violet!":
    [QUOTE]  Fun fact the child star of the movie is now a large animal veterinarian in upstate NY. 
    Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]

Yay Charlie Bucket!!!  One of my friends from college grew up in that town where he's a vet.  Life is funny.  I have oodles of respect for those in the movie industry who can easily walk away without regrets. 

Anyone want to come unpack my house?  I'll pay you in beer.  I'm covered in bruises from this moving business.
  • In Response to Re: "Violet you're turning violet!":
    [QUOTE]In Response to "Violet you're turning violet!" : Yay Charlie Bucket!!!  One of my friends from college grew up in that town where he's a vet.  Life is funny.  I have oodles of respect for those in the movie industry who can easily walk away without regrets.  Anyone want to come unpack my house?  I'll pay you in beer.  I'm covered in bruises from this moving business.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Did you know Chunk from the Goonies is now a lawyer?
    Anniversary
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Violet you're turning violet!" : Did you know Chunk from the Goonies is now a lawyer?
    Posted by kris2131[/QUOTE]

No!  But, now I love him.  As long as he's not a skeezy lawyer :-)
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    Joy unpacking blows! I feel like we are still unpacking and we moved 2 years ago.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Violet you're turning violet!" : No!  But, now I love him.  As long as he's not a skeezy lawyer :-)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Here's his bio on IMDB -- /> LINKY
    Anniversary
  • jlq2005jlq2005 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    Hello.
    We had an alright weekend. Friday night we got to see DH's one aunt&uncle and 2 cousins, so that was nice. Sat. morning we visited with his Nana and Papa. His nana is doing a lot better. She can walk with a walker now, so that's good! 
    Things at my mom's house were crazy this weekend. My mom is always in a bad mood, and then argues with everyone else in the house and it put me in a bad mood too. Plus I got no sleep on Saturday night, so yesterday I was exhausted all day. My niece was a grumpy pants for her 1st Communion. The only person excited that we were there was my nephew, because he got to go fishing with DH. I felt like no one even cared I was there. Pitty party of 1, please. 

Aggie - How was your Derby party? I didn't watch the Derby, so I didn't pick a horse. 
    Kris - Glad your H doesn't need to make anymore trips to PA! I'm sure he was worn out from all that. 
    Degrea - When do you leave for Vegas? Sounds like a fun trip.
    Joy - Unpacking is the worst! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    JLQ: I leave Thursday! H leaves Sunday! Girls Weekend First! WOHOOO!! With the way work has been I am more excited about not coming in to this place than the whole vacation part.
  • jlq2005jlq2005 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    In Response to Re: "Violet you're turning violet!":
    [QUOTE]JLQ: I leave Thursday! H leaves Sunday! Girls Weekend First! WOHOOO!! With the way work has been I am more excited about not coming in to this place than the whole vacation part.
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]
    Awesome!! 
    Sorry your work has been so crappy. That will just make your vacation even better! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    JLQ: Sorry about your okay weekend. I hate when family does appreciate the sacrifice that you make to come visit them. Certain members of my family assume because I am only 1 1/2 hours away that I will be at every event.  It is tough! Just know that they really do care even if they don't show it.
  • Degrea - have fun in Vegas!  It sounds like it will be a fun trip!

Aggie - No I didn't pick the winning horse.  Rats!  Did you have fun with your party?!

Kris - good luck with Avon!  When I was little, my mom would sell Avon and then she would pull me in our wagon while she made her neighborhood deliveries.  I would always ask her, "Can we go Avoning today?" because I thought it was a lot of fun.

Joy - unpacking is awful.  Not to discourage you but we still have boxes we haven't unpacked and we moved almost 2 years ago...

jlq - that's a bummer, I'm sorry :(

Not much here.  It's going to be a crazy week at work with graduation on Friday.  Then DH has a 5k early Saturday morning and then mother's day on Sunday.  Busy Busy.

Plus for unknown reasons, I have decided to do the couch to 5k program.  During the winter, I told DH that I wanted to start running with him.  I don't know why I said it because I didn't really mean it.  Well of course he remembered this and kind of guilted me into it.  Saturday was my first run and I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sore.  I have to run again this afternoon so we'll see how it goes.  But I did get a new pair of super cute running shoes and I love them so it kind of makes it better.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    E: Super cute shoes always makes it better. Good luck with the running!
    [QUOTE]Plus for unknown reasons, I have decided to do the couch to 5k program. 
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

I love love love this program.  It works SO well.  Don't run faster than you can - aim to just finish the times.  Speed doesn't matter right now - you need to build the endurance.  The pain will go away.

I did that program two years ago having never run anything in my life.  I now can run five miles as I'm halfway through their Bridge to the 10K program.

I'll be your encouragement!
  • Yay for Charlie!  yes I know a lot of useless info haha.

Our party was fun! It was more like a small gathering of close friends, butwe had mint juleps and Oaks lillys (vodka, sweet and sour, triple sec, and cranberry juice- WAY yummier than a julep) I also made pulled pork sliders and mint julep cupcakes.  everything was yummy but I will definitely be improving on the cupcakes next year.  

Kris- glad H is home and doesn't have to go back, that must be a weight off his shoulders

Degrea- glad you had a good weekend! and I am excited for your vegas trip! I have never been but I would love to go see some shows there.

Joy good luck unpacking.  I actually don't mind most of it, although the office always makes me want to take a nap instead.

Jlq I am sorry about this weekend I know how much you were looking forward to it :(  

hi E! way to go running,  the soreness does improve promise.  And way to go this lazy chick is struggling to get exercise in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards