Chinese Weddings

Cantonese-English Bilingual wedding officiant in NYC??

My fiance and I are looking for a wedding officiant who speaks fluent Cantonese and English for our June 2011 wedding ceremony which takes place in Brooklyn, NY. We do not require any specific religious personnel.  We are having a hard time finding one...please help!!!

Re: Cantonese-English Bilingual wedding officiant in NYC??

• StuffingStuffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends and I ended up just having an English speaking officiant.  Partly because we needed someone who could speak more than one dialect, and doing the ceremony in too many languages makes it REALLY long.  I would say just have your officiant keep it short so everyone (even the ones who do speak English) aren't bored.  I made sure the MC spoke Cantonese and Mandarin.

But, if you are very set on having a bilingual officiant, have you signed with any DJ / MC / bridal salon yet? Both the workers at the bridal salon and the MC I signed with had recommendations of people who could speak cantonese, I just didn't end up employing them.  You may not even need to sign with them... maybe when you interview them you can ask them for recommendation.  They're generally very helpful even before you sign to try and get your business.
  • edited December 2011
    Who did you use for your MC?  I am having difficulty finding a MC/DJ in NJ that is bilingual in Chinese/English.  It really wouldn't matter if they spoke Cantonese or Mandarin.
  • fleurinefleurine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planniing a 3/11/11 wedding and would like a bilingual ceremony...any info appreciated. TAI>>>
  • HoLee520HoLee520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

My wedding is in Queens on June 2011 and I am using Red Weddings. Steven and May are a couple who are MC/Dj and he speaks Mandarin, Cantonese and also English. Look at their website and meet with them if you like. We meet with five companies and they were the most accomodating and best priced out of all of them.

http://www.red-weddings.com/

I am also looking for an officiant who speaks English/Cantonese so if anyone has any contacts/recommendation I would love to hear it!
  • HoLee520HoLee520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

I found my officiant! Her name is Judy Chang and she is from Taiwan but can speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and English!!

I booked her for our wedding on June 18th, 2011 and she was very accomodating in helping us customize our vows in Cantonese and English.

http://judychang.com/

And she's very reasonably priced compare to the other places that would charge 500 for standard and 700+ just to customize it in English!

I hope this helps you!
  • edited December 2011
    hi,

I am looking for an MC/DJ....i did speak to red-wedding Steven....however, he told me its only 1 MC doing it...who is MAY? Is she his wife and is she also an MC?

In addition, I was thinking about using "Leo", people were saying he is good, but I was soo disappointed he did not return emails and call 4 times already
  • edited December 2011

Hi,
    Did anyone find a chinese-english wedding officiant in NYC?

• JKMay2012JKMay2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Besides Judy Chang, another suggestions for Chinese/English officiant? Thanks.
  • I'm bumping this up again. Besides Judy Chang, any other officiant that speaks chinese and english? Thanks.
  • In Response to Re: Cantonese-English Bilingual wedding officiant in NYC??:
    [QUOTE]I'm bumping this up again. Besides Judy Chang, any other officiant that speaks chinese and english? Thanks.
    Posted by Hnd60[/QUOTE]

According to my wedding planner if you want someone who speak english and chinese in NYC. choices are extremely limited. Besie Judy Chang, there is Kevin Wang - Email: marrage.officiant.nyc@gmail.com
    He speak mandarin according to my wedidng planner. Those were only choices given to me, since i'm looking for a bilingual officant too.

Hope this help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards