Canada-Ontario

Dress Alterations - has anyone used Irene's Studio or As You Like It?

Hi there - I bought my wedding dress from Becker's Bridals, and they offer a 10% discount on the price of the dress if you do your alterations offsite at one of their recommended seamstresses.  Has anyone heard anything about or used "Irene's Studio" or "As You Like It"?  Thanks!

Re: Dress Alterations - has anyone used Irene's Studio or As You Like It?

• I think one of the former brides here had it done with Irene's Studio.  Hopefully, she still peruses the forum here.  Good luck!
  • I am in the process of using Irene's Studio.  I had previously posted the question on here for a recommendation of an alterations place.  Several people recommended Irene's either through person experience or from feedback they were given from a friend who had used their services.

I have had my first dress fitting and was pleased with Irene's suggestions and professional manner.  She definitely seems to know her stuff.  The studio is a little cluttered but I think that's just as it's quite full of projects she's working on.  I figure if she has that much business it must be a good sign of the quality of her work.

I have my second fitting on May 2nd.

And just in case you are wondering she is charging me $325 plus tax.  She had to take the entire upper part of the dress in and she is removing some crinoline and of course hemming it to the proper length.  She is also going to stream clean the dress and veil for me included in that price.

Hope that helps somewhat! :)
  • Here is a link to my ask for recommendations with several comments about Irene's:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_alterations-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:eed4581d-813f-47a1-8cea-c8feef292eaaPost:a8f0e882-9126-4d51-8387-a8fe8ba4ccec
  • I had my second dress fitting at Irene's Studio yesterday afternoon.

The fit of the dress is now great!  I was very pleased with it.

She is now currently working on the bustle and the length of the dress.

She takes the time to explain all of your options for each alteration making sure you understand the result the alteration will give you.  While she gives you her suggestion she listens to what you want.

Looking forward to going back for my final fitting and to pick up the dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards