• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

It's MAY!!

I can't believe I have been married 2 years today!  It's been amazing and I am so looking forward to the next lifetime.  We haven't done this in awhile but now that we are at 2 years:

What's the best part of marriage?

What's the worst?

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years?

Looking forward to in the next 2 years?

Favorite Wedding photo?

Most recent picture of the two of you?
We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

Re: It's MAY!!

• JodiArielJodiAriel member
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited May 2013

The best part of marriage for me is just know that he's there. That at the end of everyday whether is was a good day or bad that I have someone to crawl into bed with.

What's the worst? I think the adjusting was the hardest, which for us didn't happen until the second year, the first year we floated through, the second year is when real life started to set in.

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years? Our girls

Looking forward to in the next 2 years? Buying a house, watching our girls grow, convincing DH to have another baby

Favorite Wedding photo?

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • jlq2005jlq2005 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    Having someone to turn to when things are hard or stressful. 
    What's the worst?
    Having to hear people ask me all the time when we're going to have a baby.
    DH getting his teaching job. Even though it meant a move away from our friends&family, it meant a more stable income for us.
    Hopefully having a baby.
    Favorite Wedding photo?

Well I can't uplaod the most recent picture of us because it's more then 4mb and I'm too lazy to resize it. It's not even recent, it's from Christmas. We don't really take many pictures of ourselves. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    edited May 2013
    What's the best part of marriage?Marriage is the same as it was before we got married. So saying my husband instead of boyfriend. It sounds so much more mature.

What's the worst? Mother In Law, but she was bad before. If anything it is better now because wife trumps mom.

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years? We bought our house

Looking forward to in the next 2 years? Going to exciting places

Favorite Wedding photo? I don't have photos on this computer

Most recent picture of the two of you? See above
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • What's the best part of marriage? Knowing that I have someone who will always be there to support me and be there for me.

What's the worst? I guess that people just assume you'll be making babies until you no longer can. I've had so many people ask when the next one is coming. Can't we just enjoy the one we have right now and just buy diapers for one? Do we immediately have to turn around and have another one?

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years? Chase

Looking forward to in the next 2 years? Buying a new house

Favorite Wedding photo?

I have no idea when that would have been. He hates having his picture taken...(why won't this unbold?!)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What's the best part of marriage? Everything. I love the security and planning for the far out future (like retirement and grandkids!) and knowing that he's there no matter what.

What's the worst?
    Nothing really.

Selling our old house, buying our new house, and getting PG!

Having the baby and thinking about another one.

Favorite Wedding photo?

Not super recent because it's from November, but it's the best I have at work!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What's the best part of marriage? Being a team.  I often forget that I don't have to do everything.  Jay's there for me and I'm there for him.  We help each other and it often happens that when one person is just done/tired/worn out, the other one steps in.  It's awesome.

What's the worst? 
    Being a team.  There are still some things I feel like I could do faster/more efficiently alone than with another person.  It's a balancing act for me.

Hmm... buying a house?

A kid.  But, like... holyshitshnikeymonkeys.  Maybe in a year.

Here's a wedding pic:

• What's the best part of marriage?
    The whole sum of its parts. Having someone who always has my back, to take care of me when I am sick. Having someone to love and support and to share dreams with, to take care of when he is sick (although he takes pitiful to the extreme :-P)

What's the worst? Balancing the families desires to see us and we have it good! So I am not complaining about it. 

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years? Again I look back and I just see Joy. I love that. If I had to choose one thing I guess it would be the house, but it feels so material and doesn't really have anything to do with my marriage if that makes sense. 

Looking forward to in the next 2 years? Having kids. 

Favorite Wedding photo? Most recent picture of the two of you? No pics from me I am on my phone. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • In Response to Re: It's MAY!!:
    [QUOTE]a kid.  But, like... holyshitshnikeymonkeys.  Maybe in a year. 
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Ha ha I made a comment to H that I will have 2 more packs of BCP (the 3 month kind). And you should have seen the look of terror on his face. This is based on his timing, but I think it hit him that's it's coming quicker than he realized!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Aggie - I tend to think of buying the house as the ultimate in teamwork for Jay and I.  We pooled our resources, strengths and weaknesses to make it happen.  Neither of us could have bought on our own so, in a way, it's a physical example of our ability to work together.  And it will continue to be as our house was built in 1910 and needs some TLC.

And, I'm off bcp.  Last night, Jay said "who cares about condoms?" and I said "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"  Yeah.  Maybe we're not there yet.  Ha.
  • Oh i get it Joy, it's huge! A house is a big deal and it is an important life event in our marriage. And I really didnt mean to knock anyone who responded that way. I just personally feel it doesn't accurately describe what was best in our marriage.   
    Fred Rogers
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    But, like... holyshitshnikeymonkeys

I spit water out when I read this. HAHA!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • echo136echo136 member
    500 Comments

All of it! I love, as many have said, knowing that no matter what we are in this together. Through the ups and downs, we have each other to laugh with and to hold one another up.

What's the worst?  I can't think of anything really....it took time to get used to living together and how each of us thought things should be done. I still hate how he balls up his socks when they are dirty. 

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years?  DS and now baby #2 - plus falling more and more in love

Looking forward to in the next 2 years? Enjoying time as a family....our business thriving and FINALLY fixing our house entirely. 

Favorite Wedding photo?

My coworker is a photographer and wanted to build her portfolio so she offered us free pics. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Monolayth3Monolayth3 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    What's the best part of marriage? Knowing he has to put up with me. Lol. I married him for the companionship. And the love.

What's the worst? When we are tired we tend to bicker. But we nevere have a fight that lasts longer than 20 minutes.

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years? Moving to NC has been pretty awesome. I also loved the cruise last year.

more cruises. More enjoying a better climate.

Favorite Wedding photo?

Most recent picture of the two of you? No recent pics of us actually.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • What's the best part of marriage? Shared bank accounts ;)  No but seriously just getting to see my best friend every day.

What's the worst? Probably everyone asking when we are going to have a kid.  I don't appreciate my uterus being a topic of conversation.

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years? We bought our house!

Looking forward to in the next 2 years? Hopefully having a baby ::knocks on wood:::

Favorite Wedding photo? Us exiting the church.  My favorite part is DH's expression but it's hard to see when the picture is small.  He just has a big grin

Most recent picture of the two of you? This is from our vacation to Mackinack Island last summer.  Honestly, I'm not sure if I have a more recent picture which is sad.

May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to Re: It's MAY!!:
    [QUOTE]Aggie - I tend to think of buying the house as the ultimate in teamwork for Jay and I.  We pooled our resources, strengths and weaknesses to make it happen.  Neither of us could have bought on our own so, in a way, it's a physical example of our ability to work together.  And it will continue to be as our house was built in 1910 and needs some TLC. And, I'm off bcp.  Last night, Jay said "who cares about condoms?" and I said "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"  Yeah.  Maybe we're not there yet.  Ha.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    Haha, I had a similar conversation with DH last week.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • What's the best part of marriage? I feel like I have come to know an entirely different side of my husband the last two years. I always knew he would be a good husband and father but he has exceeded every expecation I ever had. I love watching him with Elijah, you can see the love they have for each other.

What's the worst? DH work schedule has changed and he has been on nights for the last year. ITs been more than difficult, me going back to work made it even harder but we are trying to figure it out.

Best thing to happen in the last 2 years? Elijah for sure!

Looking forward to in the next 2 years? Buying a new house, hopefully having baby number 2!

Favorite Wedding photo?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards