Chit Chat

Just wondering

How long were you and your significant other together before you got engaged? How long did you know them before hand? Just wondering.

Re: Just wondering

• together for about 20 months before engaged.  Engaged for another 18 months before the wedding.
  • We got engaged after 18 months and got married 22 months after that.  But I knew I was going to marry him after our 3rd date.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is an amazing story! :)

In Response to Re: Just wondering:
    [QUOTE]I'm posting mine because it's weird. We met at age 15.  Our families had known each other for 150 years.  We dated in high school until most of the way through senior year, when I broke up with him. Saw him again 7 years later.  After being together about 4 days, we decided to get married.  Still married after 37 years.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

• smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    My fiance and I worked together for four months and then moved in together in January of 2012, we were engaged 6 months later and will be wed in October 2014. 
    Anniversary
  • It was almost 3 1/2 years before we got engaged.   We only really met a month or two before we started dating.  We had been at other parties together but we didn't talk or anything.

Anniversary

• We got engaged after 3 years of dating and then were married 1 year after that.

We've known each other since we were 5 and in kindergarten.

• We were officially together for 23 months before getting engaged but had been FWB for 1 1/2 yrs before making it official. We have known each other since he was 1 or 2 months old and I was 3 or 4 months old. We lost touch during college and a few years after and reconnected when my parents were moving south after my dad "retired".
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • mstallaemstallae member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Dated for 2 years 1 month, before proposal but moved in together after 7 months.  We are getting married Aug 2014 so will be a total of 3 years 6 months and a few days between meeting and getting married :)
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    We were online/phone friends about 10 years before we actually met. Then we lost touch for many years and eventually found each other again. After we met and started dating, we were together a little over a year before getting engaged.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    We were together almost six years before we got engaged. Married 7 months later.
  • bakeriebakerie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    We met briefly a few months before we actually started talking. Starting dating a couple weeks after that. Got engaged at about 14 months of dating. By the time we're married, it will be over 4.5 years.
  • Met when we were 15, friends for about 5 months, started dating at 16, together for 8 1/2 years until he proposed, then two years later we are getting married.  So, all in all, together for 10 1/2 years.

SaveSave
  • We met at 16 & 17.  We started dating a couple months after we met and got engaged after 4 years and 7.5 months.  We're having a 17 month engagement, so our wedding date is 11 days after our 6th anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We met online 2 years ago this past February. After a week, I was spending every night with him, after 2 weeks I was thinking "OMG, I'm going to marry him" and he said it out loud to me. By week 3, I moved in fully. We sold our houses and bought one together last year and he proposed during our housewarming in October.

Cmgr - is that why your MIL was teling your husband he was making a mistake? I think any mother would tell their kid they're nuts after marrying someone so quickly! I have a friend who met her husband at a bar one night, they got drunk and decided to get married...and are incredibly happy 12 years later with 2 kids.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• we met the day after Christmas 2010 and I moved in with him the following July.  We got engaged Christmas Eve 2012 and are getting married in 59 days, 3.5 years after we met.
  • We were together 5.5 years before getting engaged. We met when we were 16, started dating at 18.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We were dating for exactly three years and one month when we got engaged. We met each other a little less than two years before that at a protest. We'll be engaged for eleven months and one day when we get married.

• Dated for 3.5 years before being engaged (the last 2 years were California to Texas long distance), then had a 7 month engagement.
  • We met in college and were very close friends for a few years.  His roommates were moving out and he needed a few more to help with rent, so I moved in with him and two others.  That was August 2011.  We started dating October 2011.  We already knew we'd end up together, but we officially got engaged in July 2012, in our 9th month of dating.  We're getting married this July on the 1 year anniversary of when he proposed.
  • We were dating 4.5 years before we got engaged (Sept 2004 to May 2009) and then we were engaged 3 years before we got married (May 2009 to June 2012).
  • We met online and started dating a week after we started trading messages (I was dumping another online date or it would have been sooner).

He proposed roughly a year and 3 months in.  And I accidentally scheduled our wedding on our two year anniversary :P.  When I realized it, I felt both dumb, and elated.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We met in 8th grade and 'went out' for a few months then. We stayed friends through out high school. When I went away to college my freshman year we talked all the time, and when I came home for the summer we started to hang out and the rest is history. We were together for almost 6 years when he proposed on April 13th, 2011 and we got married April 13th, 2013. We have been together for almost 8 years total, but have known each other for 15 years.
  • We "knew" each other for about 6 months before we started dating. I say "knew" because we met once through work and then had each other on Facebook, but didn't do more than comment on a picture here and there. He lived about 7 hours (driving) away so although we were both attracted to each other, it didn't seem feasible. Once we did start talking regularly and then dating, we were engaged 2 and a half years later. We had a one year, seven month engagement.
  • We met the first week of freshman year of college.  We started dating a week later.  We were together five and a half years when we got engaged and we'll hit our seven year dating anniversary two weeks before we get married.
  • We had been together about 3 1/4 years - but the first 6 months of our relationship, we were not exclusive.
  • Met freshman year of high school, started dating summer before senior year, got engaged just over 6 years later and will celebrate our 7-year dating anniversary 2 weeks before the wedding.
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We met when I was 13 and he was 18.  He is my best friend's older brother and I had a major crush on him the minute we met.   When I turned 21 we became inseparable and have been together ever since.  We got engaged March 2012  We will be getting married just after our 9 year dating anniversary in Sept of this year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We eloped 8 months after meeting at a bar (at the ripe old age of 20).  We celebrated our 25th anniversary this past March!

imageimage
  • We knew each other for over two years and became friends about one year before we started dating.  I moved in with him after 10 months, we got engaged after 15 months, and got married 18 months later.  We were together just under 3 years when we got married.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Just under three years together. lLived together after one year and then moved out becasue of work on six months later. We will be living together again May 31st! We will only be engaged nine months with only 86 days till the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards