• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

etiquette question

Don't mind the fact that I can't spell.  Anyway, on mother's day I am taking my mom out to brunch.  I told her if she wanted to invite her boyfriend, she was welcome to.  He accepted the invite.  The brunch is around $35/person.  Should I offer to pay for his meal as well?  I've never met him and I'd rather just pay for myself and my mom.  But, I don't want to commit a faux paus either or make him feel bad.  Really, it's not that much money.  So, my question is should I offer to pay for him?  

Re: etiquette question

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    I would probably just pay for both of them.  Granted, my mom hasn't dated in a verrrrry long time (she's just single) and DH's mom has been with the same guy for about 2 years now, so I'm not in the same situation, but I think I would just offer to pay for everyone if I were in the same situation.  

Would it be awkward to ask you mom about the situation ahead of time?  My mom seriously hasn't dated since I was in college 15 years ago, so I have no idea what that's like.

And I apologize if that doesn't make sense...I'm kinda buzzed right now.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm hoping that this guy is good enough to try to impress you and offers to pay himself!!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to Re: etiquette question:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping that this guy is good enough to try to impress you and offers to pay himself!!!
    Posted by ndruley[/QUOTE]

lol Nickey.  According to my mom he's very generous, so I wouldn't be surprised.  But, I really don't want him to pay for either of us.  I think I'll just offer to pay for everyone and if he offers to pay for himself I'll let him.  lol.  

• Bianca is Matt going too?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would pay for oth of them unless he offers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope, Matt's not coming.  Originally the plan was he was going to take his mom out on mother's day and I was taking mine out.  But then he couldn't get reservations b/c he waited so long so we're taking his mom and step dad out this morning.  So, technically he could come with us next weekend, but I only made the reservation for 3.  I think he'd rather stay here anyway as he likes to do yard work on the weekends.  

Jessie, you're right.  That's what I was thinking originally it's like I kind of invited him too even though it was through my mom.  So, I'll probably insist on paying for him too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards