Georgia-Savannah

Booking A Square

I've been trying for the past week to book a square for our ceremony.  I left 2 voicemails for the city rep who handles the permit process.  On my third call, when the girl who answered again tried to transfer me to his voicemail since he was at lunch, I asked if there was a better time to call since he never seemed to be available.  Miraculously, he just walked back in the door.  I emailed him the completed form on Tuesday, no response for 24 hours so I emailed him back to make sure he received it, what is the next step and could I send the check, got a short response of I GOT IT  with no response as to whether I completed it correctly or if I needed to send the check!  Maybe I am overreacting but I don't want to book anything else until I know that I have the permit secured for the square.  Anyone have any experience or suggestions as to what I should do?  I will be in Savannah at the end of the month so I can go in person if that's easier but I want to have it done by then!

Re: Booking A Square

• I booked close to a year in advance. After I faxed the paperwork, I received a letter in the mail about a week, week & half later with instructions & payment deadline. My experience with the office was nice & professional.

• Thank you for the information.  I will wait to get the the letter in the mail. 
  • I don't know if this is true for everyone, but I found when planning from afar, most Savannah vendors are not very email friendly.  In fact, some of them would be downright rude and not respond but then answer in all caps (like the email you got) like *I* was the one who was bothering them.  Well...... if you don't want me to keep calling or emailing, then just let me know you got my last voice mail/email and I will leave you alone.  When you ignore people, they're going to assume you never got the last message.  lol

Sorry you're having such a hard time.  Hopefully you get your letter soon and can cross one more thing off your list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Still nothing and its been almost a week and a half.  I will call tomorrow if my mailbox is empty today!!  ChiGirl-I sent you a PM with a few questions about your vendors.  Thanks!
  • There are a few who love emails because they have a better record of what is said back and forth.  I've never had an issue with Chris before.  He's a pretty busy guy and can seem a bit short when you are talking to him.  However, he is usually pretty good about getting back to people.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Finally talked to him yesterday.  He said he processed my application and it was in the mail.  Took 2 weeks but I guess better late than never! So hopefully I will have it by the end of the week and I can reserve the venue and start on the other stuff!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards