New Hampshire
Options

Should I back out of my reception site?

Hi everyone,
I'm supposed to get married at Steele Hill Resorts in New Hampshire in August 2014. Everything was going really well, I book the venue last fall, and then it got weird. I live in the Midwest so I wanted to visit the resort last December. The wedding coordinator never got back to my emails or calls so finally I called, left a message, and told him the date and time I was coming, causing him to freak out and find someone to meet with me, but he wasn't available. It was all really weird.
I met the manager who he set the meeting up with, who was really nice, and informed me that the wedding coordinator was retiring in a few days. I was shocked. They hired someone else, I was in touch with her, and then all of a sudden one day I email her and get a bounce back, discovering she's gone. I email the new wedding coordinator and she is awesome. And then a few days ago, I emailed her, and got a bounceback email telling me SHE was gone and the email of the new person. 
So within 5 months we are on wedding coordinator #4.
I don't know what's going on, but I am concerned about having my wedding at Steele Hill now. Unfortunately I put down $1000 deposit, but even if I have to give it up I might leave. 
Any advice? Any current Steele Hill brides who can update me on this?

Re: Should I back out of my reception site?

• Options
    Once they find a solid replacement, I think your response times will improve. It's hard to transition. You have so much time, I wouldn't worry about it =)
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    It is true that it's far away, but I actually live in the Midwest, and I can only come to NH a few times a year, so I just want to make sure we have good communication- I will definitely not be able to do that one-month-before meeting! 
  • Options
    I understand. If it really is bothering you, try talking to the owner so you can be assured that regardless of the changes they are going through with staffing, you will have a beautiful wedding with no hitches!
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards