• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

OUCH!!!

so I went to the dentist to get some professional tooth whitening stuff - NOT CHEAP!

The first night I had to take it off because one tooth got so sensitive that it started throbbing.  last night I got all the way through the night, but now this morning they won't stop hurting.  It's like a constant ache along all my front teeth.  Oh, the price of beauty!

Has anyone else tried this stuff?  is this a common problem?  OUCH! 
December Siggy Challenge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Where we met - Mount Isa
a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.

Re: OUCH!!!

• edited October 2010
    I had the professional whitening, like with the machine but I didn't do the follow-up I was supposed to. I've heard bad things about the other stuff, like Crest strips made an old co-worker's teeth sensitive so he had to start warming his water before he could drink it.

My method is the Listerine WHitening Pre-brush risne. It won't be as effective as the high-tech stuff, but it won't give me any negative effects.

So sorry you're having a bad reaction :(

p.s. I wanted to use your name there but I was conflicted. Here you are misslol but on FB you are Lauren :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
  • That sucks! I heard the same thing about those strips though. But it seems like if you went to the dentist to get some, they would at least (maybe?) be of higher quality than the stuff from the shelf in the stores. Maybe you could take it back to your dentist and get some other stuff?

I haven't done anything like that. I think I'm going to try to make an appointment for November to start that whole process.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • I don't think I can live through the pain..ouch ouch ouch. At least you'll have a fab sparkly smile!

• Teeth whitening does make your teeth more sensitive as I've learned from experience. I stay away now because it made my gums hurt and my teeth ultra-sensitive. Call your dentist and let him know!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • call the dentist and let them know.
    My aunt got me whitening stuff as a wedding gift. I cant do it every night, I have to go every other or every 3 days. But, call your dentist and let them know.
    Finally, a Mrs!
  • I feel your pain!  I had this happen to me too.  My teeth were so sensitive that it hurt when the wind blew on them (no joke).  The good news is that it goes away about a week or so after you stop the treatment.  My sensitivity happened from solution that the dentist gave me (to use in the trays at night).  I told him about it and he gave me other stuff, but the same thing happened.  Later I just used stuff from the drug store with no side effects, and nowadays I can use the Crest strips with no sensitivity.  Whatever you do don't eat ice cream or drink really hot soup.  Yowza!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oww! the listerine pre-brush rinse is working pretty well for me, plus crest white strips but NOT crest white strips "premium" and now i think crest makes strips for sensitive teeth...hope you find a good alternative cuz idk if it's worth the pain!
  • Thanks for the heads up!  I have a friend who's a dental hygienist and she was walking me through the process.  I'll let her know I have sensitive teeth.

Hope it works and the pain is not in vain. :)

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got the whitening trays from the dentist and the first night the bleach burned my gums so bad I had to wait a few days to try again. I got it right the second time but it DEFINITELY makes your teeth super sensitive.

Try Sensidyne toothpaste. I use it regularly as I have sensitive teeth anyway.

Good Luck!
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2j511ts.jpg[/IMG]
  • Thanks girls!!! It's feeling much better today.  I might have to go with the every 2nd or 3rd day thing too.  It is the stuff you put in the trays and my dentist did warn me that it could make my teeth sensitive.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going through this!!!  The things we do, hey?
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards