Retro and Vintage Weddings

I'm curious...

Are vintage weddings not as trendy anymore? It seems like this board has died out as far as participation goes. Then again, I don't know how much partiicipation there was before I got here in October! Opinions??

Re: I'm curious...

• This board has been kind of dead lately. I do agree that Pinterest may have an influence on that. I know that I mainly came on here to find pictures and inspiration. The stickie with all of those vintage/retro websites was so amazing. I think people are just searching for things themselves now. Well, it's their loss! 
  • I check this board as well as Offbeat and Gothic every week day.  Unfortunately there isn't a ton of activity (except for lately on Offbeat thanks to the new mod) and Gothic is just about dead.  I don't think the mod over there has been on in months.
    Our wedding doesn't necessarily fit into any of those themes per se, but there will be elements of each here and there, I think.
    The most vintage part that I think we'll have is my dress/veil.  I haven't started shopping yet, but I'm definitely looking for an old Hollywood, glamorous vibe, and instead of a traditional veil, I'd like to have a birdcage with a large red flower. A bit on the vintage side. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_im-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:0702e04b-1f6b-41ed-9548-f5bee84bc28aPost:3403e8fd-7fc4-48b9-a05c-98c7f6b5f8b4">I'm curious...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are vintage weddings not as trendy anymore? It seems like this board has died out as far as participation goes. Then again, I don't know how much partiicipation there was before I got here in October! Opinions??
    Posted by romamor4[/QUOTE]

The board became less active a few months after the moderator (Nukke) got married.  During the year before my wedding (July 2011), we had peaks and valleys of communication, with a usual core of about 12 to 15 or us.  I agree, participation has dropped off considerably.  But, if those of you in the planning phase keep coming back, it will peak again. 

Oh!  I also think the IT glitches on the boards have driven a lot of people away.  I'm here b/c I cannot sleep and the episode of Law & Order was just on earlier this evening.  Ugh!
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Lisa50--I agree completely about the IT glitches.  I couldn't even quote your post just now, haha!  I am assured via email that IT is still ironing out these issues.  PS.  Law & Order is the shlt!!! :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_im-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:0702e04b-1f6b-41ed-9548-f5bee84bc28aPost:af8b69e6-5a07-483e-a39a-5ad75d79575e">Re: I'm curious...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lisa50--I agree completely about the IT glitches.  I couldn't even quote your post just now, haha!  I am assured via email that IT is still ironing out these issues.  PS.  Law & Order is the shlt!!! :D
    Posted by Nukke[/QUOTE]

I've missed you!!!  How have you been?  How is married life treating you?  I have just about given up on TK b/c  of the glitches.  Then, I decided to come on the boards and, if things are working, engage as much as possible.  LOL!

I hope you're doing well!
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_im-curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:0702e04b-1f6b-41ed-9548-f5bee84bc28aPost:3bc8e670-a594-422e-9477-e635091a3df8">Re: I'm curious...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm curious... : I've missed you!!!  How have you been?  How is married life treating you?  I have just about given up on TK b/c  of the glitches.  Then, I decided to come on the boards and, if things are working, engage as much as possible.  LOL! I hope you're doing well!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

All is well with me, thank you!.  I love being married.  We have a little cat now too, so we feel like a proper family. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Im doing a vintage wedding and Ive been to alot more resources before here and its full of vintage wedding ideas, more than here. I would much rather go to pinterest or somewhere else than a board that you dont get an answer from and well i get answers from other boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards