July 2013 Weddings

Hi! New bride here :)

Hey everyone :) I've used the knot boards before when I was in the BP, but now I'm getting married July 13th. Wedding planning was going smoothly for the last couple of months (we got engaged at the beginning of January) but man these last few weeks have been stressful! All of my friends are either married with children, so I honestly feel bad asking them about wedding stuff, because they're busy, or they've just got their own lives without kids, (both of my bridesmaids who dont have children have some major health issues right now) so I feel bad venting about my silly problems with my mother or my wedding dress or whatever because it frankly seems so trivial compared to what they have going on. But I want to talk to someone about my silly bride stuff, and I remember these boards always being so helpful and honest when it comes to problem solving, and just having someone to bounce ideas off :) So hi! And yay for getting married! And also, Boo for wedding issues.

Re: Hi! New bride here :)

• Welcome!  Hopefully your issues will smooth out, your wedding is fast approaching!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Actually, I think one of them just did work out! One of my two big wedding "disasters" (and I put that in quotes because seriously, I AM in touch with reality, I promise. I work with children whose parents can't feed them. I have a co worker who is getting married on the same day, and she and I continuously roll our eyes at ourselves. "OMG, my diamond isn't shiny enough! It's going to ruinnnn my speciallll day! In other news, two of my students are living I the backseat of their parents car and I just had to loan another kid $2 so she could afford to eat lunch today.." so we have pretty good perspective.) Anyway, like I was saying, one of my "disasters" was that my dress was ordered in a short length, so they had to reorder a whole new dress. This happened two weeks ago. They just called me and said the new dress I ordered wont be done until after my wedding date. So now, they're just going to get a dress that's the same exact design and style, but which has a zipper back instead of a corset, and they're going to alter it so it has a corset after it comes to the store. No harm, no foul :) I'm just glad they had another dress in the exact same style!
  • Welcome! The July group of ladies we've got here is seriously AWESOME, and I can tell you are too! :) Finding the perspective has really helped me keep calm when I am convinced that things are "falling apart". 

I am the Mod for the July board and try to be around as much as I can. I teach and the school year is wrapping up so life is pretty crazy, but I do my best! If you need anything, please feel free to send me a personal message or page me on the board. Feel free to come here with anything, we are all right in the middle of it too and we know how overwhelming it can get!
  • Welcome fellow July 13 bride! It's great you are so grounded.  It definitely helps! 
  • I am also a July 13th bride.... and we also got engaged in early January!! :D 

Welcome! Our July Wedding board is fabulous.
  • znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Yay! Another July bride! It's coming soo fast and I'm seriously flipping out. :-p 
    And I just got word that almost all my invites are sent out! :-D 
  • Welcome!  July is coming up so fast :)
  • Good to know I'm not the only one who decided to try to pull off a wedding in 6 months, haha! Thirteen has always been my lucky number, so I was adamant that the wedding was going to be this year, and on a Saturday that was on the 13th. I'm turning 30 on the ONLY Friday the 13th in the entire year 2013, or that would have been our date. But we found that a lot of vendors and venues were available in my area because a lot of people were so superstitious about not wanting to get married on that day. We're even having the ceremony at 1:00 PM, because it's 13:00 military time. And my engagement rings' stones measurements all add up to 13. That was actually a coincidence, but I wasn't honestly shocked when I figured it out :)
  • Good to know I'm not the only one who decided to try to pull off a wedding in 6 months, haha! Thirteen has always been my lucky number, so I was adamant that the wedding was going to be this year, and on a Saturday that was on the 13th. I'm turning 30 on the ONLY Friday the 13th in the entire year 2013, or that would have been our date. But we found that a lot of vendors and venues were available in my area because a lot of people were so superstitious about not wanting to get married on that day. We're even having the ceremony at 1:00 PM, because it's 13:00 military time. And my engagement rings' stones measurements all add up to 13. That was actually a coincidence, but I wasn't honestly shocked when I figured it out :)
    Nope, you're not the only one! We were engaged on Valentine's Day and are getting married on July 27. I'm glad for the shorter engagement though - I'm already ready to be done with the stress of planning and move on to "normal" life.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, one of my co workers is getting married after a 16 month engagement, and she said it's making her nuts, haha! I totally respect anyone who can deal with a long engagement - my hat is off to you :)
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Welcome @1FairMaiden :)

I'm getting married July 12; got engaged this New Year's Eve. So you are definitely not alone. Like other brides have mentioned, I am glad for the short engagement - it's just long enough to enjoy the process but short enough that it doesn't lose its luster and become an ongoing burden. Quick deciscions, in-and-out, move along and enjoy the rest of the summer ;)

If it makes you feel better I do not have my wedding dress and won't until - according to vendor - the week before my wedding. Trying not to stress and I'm glad to hear yours is being worked out!

• welcome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards