Missouri-St Louis

Venues in St.Charles area

We are looking to get married and have our reception in the St.Charles area.  I'm not opposed to about a 30 minute drive though if it's what it takes!  We are on a budget, so we can't go too crazy.  And I'm estimating around 150 people.  We are looking for May 2014.  Any ideas?!

Re: Venues in St.Charles area

• Well what exactly is your budget? $20 pp, $30 pp? There are plenty of places in St. Charles but some are pricier than others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a friend who was on a pretty tight budget and she ended up going with the Stegton. I don't know how much it was per head, but it was a nice wedding with decent food.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_venues-in-stcharles-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:c1810c4b-398e-434a-9016-3bab9452e54ePost:be0f30f6-9406-4d25-9ef5-acb1c64dfa23">Re: Venues in St.Charles area</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend who was on a pretty tight budget and she ended up going with the Stegton. I don't know how much it was per head, but it was a nice wedding with decent food.
    Posted by aurianna[/QUOTE]

They are $29-35 a head I believe...at least they were 2 years ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were looking for somewhere between $20 and $30.  But absolutely no more than $30.00
  • edited December 2012
  • We almost had our reception at The Heart of St Charles.  IIRC, it was around $20-25 per person.  They had a few rooms to choose from and depending on the time of year, the view could be really pretty.  We ultimately decided not to go with them, but only because we realized we didn't need such a large space.  Otherwise we had no complaints.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • brittanyk32brittanyk32 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    The lady from Stegton was incredibly pushy and tried to bully me into booking them when I was simply trying to get information from them. She was very unprofessional. I would actually love to do the Heart of St.Charles, but my fiancés brother is actually getting married there a year before us. :(
  • The Foundry is very nice!  I own a full service candy bar company, if interested! Candy bars/buffets are a fun and unique alternative to traditional wedding favors. I provide everything needed, and will drop off and setup the bar at any location. 
    www.pod-candy.com

Good Luck!
  • All Occasions is nice, I've been to 2 weddings there now.  I'm having my reception at Trigg in O'Fallon, not too bad on the pricing...probably the top of your budget.  I also checked out The Christy in O'Fallon,  I've heard a lot of people love it there, and their prices are super cheap.  The manager seemed a little scattered when I was there, but it could have been a rough day. 

I also heard that Heart of St. Charles is opening a brand new location next March in downtown St. Charles.  Totally worth looking into!
  • edited May 2013
    When I was organizing my wedding I found out that is not that easy as I think before that! It was shaking for me. What really helps me was one of my friends, Anna. She shares with me one website for venues in st. Louis , and that was a great help for me. You can check it out I am pretty sure you will love it.
  • Try Orlando's Maryland heights. Easy to get to from st Charles and several hotel options close by. I live in st Charles county and that is where our reception is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards