Nevada-Las Vegas

Any suggestions for a casual beer/wine, apps/snacks venue the night before the wedding?

AllyIdoAllyIdo member
5 Love Its First Comment First Answer First Anniversary
edited May 2013 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Hi All,

We have the DDB set up from 9-11PM the night before our wedding. Depending on the final head count I think we might be able to swing some kind of drinks/apps before that. Wondering where we can go. Staying at PH so we don't want to travel too far. I don't want to have to deal with minimums or anything if possible. This will be a Saturday night so that might be hard to do. Think any restaurants would let us take over the bar area? Hoping we can find a reasonably priced option.

The other option would be to have something in the Boulevard suite but I'm not sure I want the added stress of having to coordinate that, or if approximately 50 people can even fit in there cocktail style.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any suggestions for a casual beer/wine, apps/snacks venue the night before the wedding?

• Hussong's Cantina or Ri Ra in Mandalay Mall are some of the best inexpensive options on the strip for that; it's a bit of a trek if DDB wont' be taking you there and back though so maybe that wont' work.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Im having the same issue. I love the sound and prices of Hussongs Cantina but we want to keep it all centre strip. @Allyscudbeing a April 2014 wedding maybe the Linq will have something available to you for this when it opens. If you are anything like me, waiting for everything to open is just pure torture but that is what Im holding out for.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• AllyIdoAllyIdo member
    Can you share the pricing at Hussongs? We could have the DDB pick us up there. Only concern would be offering beer and wine at a cantina... Everyone will want margs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AllyIdoAllyIdo member
    edited May 2013
    Good thought about Linq... Have you checked out any of the bars restaurants at the miracle mile?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ive looked into yolos, pf changs, cabo wabo cantina and koi. Im just not 'sold' on those venues especially because guests will be getting mexican apps after our ceremony. Im holding out for the brooklyn bowl or that asian fusion place at linq. Hopefully I could offer my guests a ride on the big roller if the price is right too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• missmo14 said:
     cabo wabo cantina
    I'd personally avoid that place just because of how ripped off I feel from the Sammy's Beach Bar restaurant in McCarran airport.  Sammy Hagar (formerly of Van Halen) has an interest in both chains.  We went to the Sammy's in the airport on the way back a week or two ago and I figured hey lets order the signature margarita.  Well, 20 minutes later, our drinks arrive; it was the most disgusting and weak margarita ever served; tasted like lemon lime gatorade.  The booze were dispensed from one of those measured pour things.   A friend called right about when I was going to complain so I just said bring me the check. 

Can you guess what two weak as hell margaritas in an airport cost?  I guessed $22, my wife guessed $25.  Nope; $32 before tip.

I'll never patronize anything related to Sammy Hagar again, unless he responds to the email I sent after the experience and makes it right.

• Thanks VG. There is nothing worse than a cheap tasting expensive drink!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• allyscud said:
    Can you share the pricing at Hussongs? We could have the DDB pick us up there. Only concern would be offering beer and wine at a cantina... Everyone will want margs!
    The pricing I have is from 2011, but at that time, for up to 100 guests, it was $12/hour per guest for "Coors Light, Tecate, Dos Equis, Modelo and Negro Modelo, House Red and White Wines", or $20/hour for "Call Brand Liquors, Imported and Domestic Beer, Soda, Juice, Bottled Water (e.g. Skyy Vodka, Gordon’s Gin, Bacardi Light, Dewar’s, Azul Reposado, Jim Beam)" which included margaritas.

• I really wanted the same thing, somewhere for a meet and greet where I could buy a round and some apps, but this is the response I got from Hussongs a week ago for approx. 20 people!  Needless to say, it was way more than I wanted to spend. :(

Thank you for your interest in holding your group event at Hussong's
    Cantina. At this time we do have the date requested available. We can
    definitely do appetizers and cocktails but we will not be able to have 20
    guests all ordering cocktails on their own, we could do two separate tabs,
    10 & 10, but it gets very confusing keeping 20 separate guest checks in
    order.

We do have a $35 per person food and beverage minimum so with 20 guests your
    check needs to meet $700 (before tax and gratuity). I have attached our Menu
    so you can see the appetizers we have to offer.

If you have any questions or would like to reserve, please feel free to
    contact me directly at 702-632-6475 or by email at
    natalieg@titanbranding.com and I will be happy to discuss your event in
    further detail. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

• mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm in a similar boat--we're going to see 9:30 show of Cirque du Soleil LOVE at the Mirage and I'm looking for somewhere to hang out beforehand.

Right now my solution is to find a nearby Happy Hour-- I know that on FRIDAYS, there are HH's at Pampas at PH (5-7pm), Wolfgang Puck at Crystals (they have a 7 for $7 deal from 5-7), or Tequilas at Ballys ($2 tacos and beer before 5). 
    Also, Platinum Hotel (slightly off-strip) does HH specials from 4-8 every day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards