Pre-wedding Parties
Options

anyone else get strange gifts at shower?

So, yesterday at my bridal shower. my great aunt (who is like 75) gave me a used book about sex positions and a container of special warming body oil that was opened and also had expired in 1999. then one of my cousins brought me a carton of fresh stawberries in a walmart bag. i also recieved 6 bottles of wine, and a necklace/earing set wrapped in christmas paper that looked like a regift. LMAO! my family is crazy... i did get some very lovely gifts that were actually on the registry though (mostly from FI's family lol) and had a fabulous time. everyone kept buying me shots of patron so by the time we got to the gifts i may have been slurring my words, oh lord... lmao! then people kept asking if i had a ride home lol it was so funny and a great party... hope all you other brides had a great shower as well. anyone else get a strange gift?

Re: anyone else get strange gifts at shower?

• Options
    Wow.  The only way that could have been more awkward is if she had given you a used sex toy.  I would avoid using the expired product, and maybe shine a black light over the book for your own piece of mind. :)
    My family is much more conservative.  All I know is, I did not receive a single used kama sutra book OR expired personal lubricant.  I did get a bunch of stuff from my registry, and some really awesome off-registry gifts for cooking/home, but nothing out of the ordinary.  
  • Options
    Lyds85Lyds85 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    That's nice sounds like u had fun
  • Options

LMAO holy begeezus! I had to read this to my fiance.

He looked at me laughed and said "sounds like something your aunt would do!" I laughed then thought about it lol.

I hope you post what your family gave you for the wedding!!!

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I didn't have a shower, but there were a couple weird gifts at my friend's shower:

1. An opened/reassembled kleenex box where each tissue had a message or prayer attached to it. I think the sentiment was going in the right direction...but it could've been presented much better.

2. A box full of clearly used/dated wedding items. Including cake toppers, candles, lace gloves, and a headpiece. There was no card, and no one at the shower owned up to giving it.

• Options
    O.O WOAH. 

I'm glad I've taken some acting classes. I get the feeling I'll be using them. x-P 
  • Options
    itzMS said:

I didn't have a shower, but there were a couple weird gifts at my friend's shower:

1. An opened/reassembled kleenex box where each tissue had a message or prayer attached to it. I think the sentiment was going in the right direction...but it could've been presented much better.

2. A box full of clearly used/dated wedding items. Including cake toppers, candles, lace gloves, and a headpiece. There was no card, and no one at the shower owned up to giving it.

That's so odd. What would you even do with that? I mean, the effort of writing out a hundred prayers on kleenex... you wouldn't want to wipe your nose with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards