Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

I NEED A FILIPINO PRIEST STAT

getting married on NYE this year and I still don't have an officiant. I need a priest who will perform a Filipino wedding ceremony not in a church. Getting married in Rosemont, IL. Does anybody know anyone? Thanks in advance! : ] 

Re: I NEED A FILIPINO PRIEST STAT

• Options
    If by "Filipino priest" you mean "a Catholic priest who is of Filipino nationality," I think you're out of luck. Except for very, very, very rare, extenuating circumstances (one party is in the hospital and can't leave), the Catholic Church does not allow priests to perform weddings outside of Catholic churches. Wanting to get married on NYE at a specific location won't fly with your diocese and your bishop.

Also, if I'm interpreting "Filipino priest" correctly, you're going to need to comply with the Catholic church's requirements for marriage -- including pre-cana. You certainly have the time to do that, but you're going to want to get started on it.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I was confused by this too. It's essentially saying the same thing as 'needing a Canadian priest.'

The Phillipines are a culturally diverse set of islands. I am assuming you mean you need a Catholic person who hails from the Phillipines. A Catholic priest will not allow the type of ceremony you are talking about.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options

In the future, please put XP in the title if you're going to post this in multiple boards.

I'd need more info from you in order to answer this properly without assuming what you mean.  But ditto PPs.

If you haven't already, try posting on your local board if you're trying to find officiants specific to that area.  They may have some good suggestions for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards