Chit Chat

Celebrity "doppelgänger"

So many of us haven't shared photos of ourselves which I think might make this a little more amusing.

Who is your celebrity doppelgänger? What about your fiancé's? Do you see it or do other people see it - or both?

Oh and @TXkristan's DH totally has a doppelgänger who happens to be my celeb-crush - I want to see if anyone else sees it too...

Re: Celebrity "doppelgänger"

• I've been told I look like Olivia Thirlby.  Once.  It's better than nothing!
  • MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I don't have one. People use to tell me I looked like Drew Barrymore. I don't really see it. Maybe when we were 5.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Back in the day I had people tell me I looked like Blossom.  I think it's b/c we both have big noses.  I don't think that's a compliment.
  • @Zoberg  dude who's kristan's husband already??
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Whoops! Okay so I think Kristan's husband looks like my one exception (aka the only person I'm allowed to cheat on FI with): Louis CK. I'm totally obsessed with him (Louis, not Kristan's husband). Does anyone else see it?

I've been told that I look like Rumer Willis fairly often. I'm not a fan of the shape of her face...
  • I don't think either of us have one.

When I was really little people told me I looked like Tatum O'Neal (must have been the "Dorothy Hamil" haircut) In high school I started getting Beverly Mitchell from 7th Heaven - I had bangs then.

My step-dads slightly loopy sister said SO looked like "The Rock" when I showed her a picture. We got a good laugh out of that one.
  • Was told many times that I looked like Christie Brinkley. The comedown, however, was when my heart-shaped face was compared to Roseann Barr's.
  • I've been told Sarah Jessica Parker, which I don't get at all... I don't find her that pretty either...

Anniversary

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    People have said I look like Cate Blanchett.  FI... I don't think I remember hearing one for him.

• I was told once that I looked like the mom on Gilmore Girls.  I don't exactly see it, but I kind of do.  I haven't found anyone else that seems to fit me.

FI is a bit harder to find one for because of his ethnic combo.  But I see some similarities between him and Freddie Mercury.  It's all in the mustache.  Take mustache Freddie, and add some Puerto Rican and Vietnamese, and it's really not that far off.

• rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    @wittykitty14 she is gorgeous, definitely a compliment!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    I don't think either one of us have anything really close. I have been told I look like Alexis Bledel. A few years ago someone told me I looked like Taylor Swift. I asked them if they were high because we have 0% resemblence. She has alien eyes! Seriously they're lucky I didn't punch them in the face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been told I look like Amanda Siefried, but only when my hair is pulled back. I can kind of see it, but only in glimpses, and then its gone. 

No idea for DH. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't think either of us have a doppleganger.  I know I haven't been told that I look like anyone famous and I don't think H has either.  But there is a guy that works in a local pizza joint here that looks just like H did about 10 years ago, but I don't think that counts :)

• Hubby has a female friend who is a dead ringer for Jennifer Connelly circa Labyrinth.
  • I got told once that I look like Mackenzie (sp?) Phillips, not sure that was a compliment though.  H has been told her looks like Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob.

• Relevant story: Apparently my dad looks like somebody famous.  When we were vacationing in the Dominican Republic people wanted to take their picture with him.  They didn't speak English, so he had no idea what they said or who they thought he was.  He was a good sport and rolled with it though.  It was amusing.
  • I have been told that I look like Amanda Peet...(sp) I do not really see it that much now but maybe if I got more of a workout and did my make up more often than not lol
  • I used to get Shannen Doherty all.the.time.  Then I grew my bangs out.

Not sure who H looks like.  My mom says a chubbier version of matt mcconnehey (sp?) but i definitely don't see that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • I don't know that I look like anyone. One of my friends who lives over in the UK said I look like a local newscaster, but that's the only person I've ever been compared to.

I don't think that my fiance has been labeled as another person either.

• bbbb78bbbb78 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I got anne hathaway ONCE and I am going to cling to it because i mean... I WISH.  that's the only one i've heard though.

SO gets celebrity look-a-like accusations ALL THE TIME and there has been quite an array of celebs:
    dominic monaghan is probably the most common (actually MOST common is "charlie from lost")
    charlie day
    seth green ("except taller with brown hair")
    mike rowe
    seann william scott
    brad pitt (i'm pretty sure the girl who said this was just trying to sleep with him)
  • I get Sarah Jessica Parker a lot, too. People always follow that up with "but that's a compliment". IDK what that even means. We do have the same hair, which is what I think people see. 

FI looks quite a bit like Dave Matthews. 
  • I've been told numerous times that I look like Hayden Panettierre, one time a lady chased me down in Walmart to tell me I "look like the cheer leader from 'Heros'!!!!" Now if only I were as skinny as she is.....
  • Was told many times that I looked like Christie Brinkley. The comedown, however, was when my heart-shaped face was compared to Roseann Barr's.

I get told I look like her daughter with Billy Joel (Alexa Ray Joel) all the time. I'd kill to look like Christie Brinkley though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get Jennifer Love Hewitt a lot, I used to get Mariah Carey (they don't even look alike!)

The weirdest one I got was Kendra Wilkenson.  I can kind of see J Love, but there is no way in hell I look like Kendra.

• I've gotten Jennifer Connelly, but not now, her Requiem for a Dream 80's look.  I had a guy stop me in the middle of O'Hare to tell me this.   When ER was on I worked in a bank, and every Friday morning someone would come to my window and tell me I looked like Maura Tierney who played Abby.

Not sure who FI looks like.  I think he's gotten Tom Cruise before, but I don't see it.  He's more like a cross between Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler, and hot:)  I threw his face in a doppleganger app and they said his best match was Kate Middleton.  Ha!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The closest one I've gotten that I can actually see is Chyler Leigh (Lexie on Grey's). We have very similar facial features, though I'm not half as pretty as she is :-)

H got Joe Mauer once. I think he has a few similar features (I think it's the nose) but otherwise I don't really see it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I've gotten Katie Homles once, and Eva Longoria on a few occasions.  I don't think FI resembles anyone.  But oh man I used to be really good friends with a guy who is the spitting image of Jason Biggs.  I remember once we went into NYC around christmas time and people were stopping him left and right to get a photo, and girls kept giving me dirty looks because they thought I was strolling around town with the real deal.  It was hilarious.
  • zoberg said:
    Whoops! Okay so I think Kristan's husband looks like my one exception (aka the only person I'm allowed to cheat on FI with): Louis CK. I'm totally obsessed with him (Louis, not Kristan's husband). Does anyone else see it?

I've been told that I look like Rumer Willis fairly often. I'm not a fan of the shape of her face...
    OMG @zoberg - I don't know how I missed the Louis CK comment earlier. I LOVE him soooo much. FI doesn't even use his name anymore and just refers to him as "my boyfriend", and both of us understand exactly who he is referring to. We have the same agreement that he is the only person I could leave FI for. ;)  Although sidenote - we saw him in Phoenix in February and something was "off" - I know he's been through a lot personally, and maybe that was coming through - he was kind of angry and bitter, to tell you the truth.  They were filming for an HBO special at that particular show, so I'm interested in seeing if he comes off differently once it has been edited to death. 

• There was a girl in my hometown who was kidnapped and murdered. While she was missing people would stop me all the time and ask if I was her. One guy even asked me after they had found her body.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards