Attire & Accessories Forum

coordinating outfits

So I am trying to think of what to do to coordinate colors for the wedding party. I already have my dress and it has a champagne colored sash on it. My FI is insistent on wearing a black tux, which is fine and I wanted navy blue bridesmaids dresses. We're probably going with wildflowers for their bouquets, so colorful. I just don't want it to be a complete mess of colors, so how should I choose to combine these options to make it look good? Or do you think I'll have to sacrifice the blue for another, more neutral color to match? 

Re: coordinating outfits

• I think the navy blue will be fine with the champagne. Champagne and black are both neutrals so use navy as your main accent colors and maybe try to stick to wildflower variations that are white, cream, and blue (like corn flowers, etc). Get your hubs a champagne or navy tie as well as the groomsmen and you're good to go I think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The only thing that seems out of place here are the flowers. It sounds like a very elegant wedding and wildflowers are more casual. 
  • The wedding will be in my church and the reception in a friend's barn, so it's not too formal. I was afraid that the black tux would make it too formal. I would prefer khaki or grey, but it's his only request..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards