Knottie Tech Help

Spam City

Yescoco is posting spam on every damn thread on Etiquette, it would be nice if we had a mod that could take care of the problem. Instead of waiting until 10am on Tuesday when the KGs return to work.

Re: Spam City

• All of this. I think if you really want to try the no mod thing, someone needs to be around all the time (even on weekends and holidays). Otherwise, the boards will get overrun with spam.
  • I've noticed that the boards still show mods at the top of the pages (at least I can still see them).  Did they officially take their powers away?

We've asked if there will be a KG around 24/7 to monitor for problems. I guess we have our answer...

• There's a trillion spam posts on 'just engaged' from the same person...
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I've noticed that the boards still show mods at the top of the pages (at least I can still see them).  Did they officially take their powers away?

We've asked if there will be a KG around 24/7 to monitor for problems. I guess we have our answer...

Yep. Our powers have been gone since about five minutes after they pink slipped us, but will probably still be at the top of each page until the end of time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• This poster was removed for spamming yesterday.
  • That only answers HALF the question, @KnotPorscha. What are you and the rest of the KGs going to do IN THE FUTURE to prevent us from being over-run with spammers? You three work basically 9-to-5 EST. What about the people in other time zones who spam at 2 a.m.?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I think avoiding the question is an answer in itself.
  • Well the fake passport guy is back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards