Chit Chat

Found this little 'gem' on Etsy

I was browsing around the wedding section on Etsy when I found these fabulous wedding accessories... because, you know, nothing says 'I'll love you forever' like the illusion that you're dragging your man kicking and screaming down the aisle.  

Or how about these beauties so that everyone can see!

I totally get showing your personality and what-not, but if FI wanted to put these on his shoes I would be so hurt.  I would have no sense of humour for that kind of things.  

What would you /will you /did you have no sense of humour about at your wedding??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Found this little 'gem' on Etsy

• I"m think they are silly.. especially the signs as mentioned above this is your last chance to run.  I don't know anyone who would find that funny.  

Anniversary

• sxyktn812 said:
    I'm with you in that I'm not a fan of the game over theme, including the ridiculous cake toppers. I saw one instance though that was cute- the bride did the "I do" on the bottom of her shoes. She didn't know that her groom had put "Me too!" On his, but he alerted the photographer and it gave some adorable pictures that made her laugh later.
    Yes! That would be cute... generally, I like to feel like my groom ALSO wants to be at the wedding... but that's just me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    Those are awful. They fall into the same category as the cake toppers where the bride is dragging the groom. Speaking of which, I just found this gem:

• My H had a Game Over shirt for his bachelor party, and it didn't bother me at all (I think the shirt is really cute actually). I don't think I would have liked anything like that for the wedding though, and I especially hate "last chance to run". Seriously where is the humor in being left at the altar?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    My mom picked out a cake topper that showed the groom with a ball and chain around his ankle and the bride holding the key with her other hand on her hip. DH shot it down immediately.
  • @AndreaJulia those cake toppers are pretty awful too.  I think I've seen some with the bride carrying the groom as well...

Anniversary

• Those are awful. They fall into the same category as the cake toppers where the bride is dragging the groom. Speaking of which, I just found this gem:

mmm...I want to eat a piece to *that* cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My husband had that shirt, too, Kristen! He didn't wear it, but he got a pic holding it up to himself. I thought it was cute.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If you want to show your gamer pride, things like "level up" and "achievement unlocked: Married" are much better options than "game over." It's a silly cultural lie that men don't want to get married and we drag them into it.
  • I think for a bach party, totally! It's like that 'last fling before the ring' or whatever. But for the cake toppers, eek! 

I've seen the socks 'in case you get cold feet', which I don't think are as bad. I might do it for FI since it's a long time joke that my feet are always actually freezing and I put mine on his since his are always warm. 
  • I agree with everyone that those shoes are awful, as are the cake toppers. I would also be so, so hurt if FI wanted to include any of those things at the wedding. 

Another thing I've seen floating around Pinterest that I can't stand is this tank: 

I just really hate the dated stereotypes that this stuff reinforces. 
  • I feel the same way. Why would I want anyone thinking I had to drag my H to the alter or anything along those lines. And as an older 1st time bride (in my circle anyway), it's absolutely not something I want on people's minds.
    Anniversary
  • I actually bought DH the Game Over shirt for his bachelor party. He's a big gamer and I thought it was cute. It was a hit at the bars.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh man...that cake topper above is awful. I like the "Game Over" shirt for the bach party. My FI is a big gamer, and he thought it was pretty funny. I dont take offense to it at all. Some things on Pinterest & Etsy are just crazy!! I showed this cake topper to my FI & even he was a little taken back by it. Why would someone want this on their cake?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh...there are some real winners out there on Etsy and Pinterest. Another that sets my teeth on edge a little bit are the men's rings that have the wife/girlfriend's fingerprint etched onto the outside finish. So many bad ideas out there that DON'T take the partner's feelings into consideration at all. And it's usually the women who are degraded and maligned (e.g. those "Last chance to run!!" signs referenced in this thread). Bad juju all around.
    YES. Or the rings that have "put it back on" in raised lettering on the inside of the band, so that imprint is left on the guy's finger when he takes it off. Seriously???
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I like the wedding bands that are designed to heat up 24 hours before your anniversary. Silly men, they can never remember important dates! Too bad they don't make calendars anymore. Wouldn't it be great if they could put a calendar on your phone? Eyeroll.
  • That just sounds painful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  
    YES. Or the rings that have "put it back on" in raised lettering on the inside of the band, so that imprint is left on the guy's finger when he takes it off. Seriously???

Really?  I've never seen such a thing.  Holy cow.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We got the Brent and Jess band for H, but the fingerprint is on the inside. No one ever sees it, it just looks like a normal ring.

My cousin got married to this total DB, and two months after the wedding he showed up to our family reunion wearing his Game Over shirt. A lot of family hadn't even met him yet.
    Don't worry, though, they were divorced and he was locked up within a year, but not before he impregnated her. 
    That guy is all I can think about when someone brings up those shirts.
  • Those are awful. They fall into the same category as the cake toppers where the bride is dragging the groom. Speaking of which, I just found this gem:

The only way this could possibly be worse is if his groin was bloody instead of/in addition to his head.

I just do not get this humor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards