Wedding Party

Other than a flower girl??

What can my 6 year old niece do other than a flower girl? I have two other nieces, ages 2 and 3, for the flower girls. A friend recommended her walking down the aisle with a "Here comes the Bride" sign but what title would she be on the program? I thought miniature bride but my fiance does not like the miniature bride idea. I want her to be excited and feel important. What should I do? Any ideas?

Re: Other than a flower girl??

• She would be a banner carrier on the program. 

Why does she have to have a role?  Can't she just be a guest and you get pictures with her?  Please don't make her a miniature bride. Those are beyond creepy. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    Is there a reason she can't be a flower girl along with your other nieces? I know three FG's is a lot, but I think that's the best way to have her involved and happy about her role. And yeah, say no to miniature brides - so so creepy.  

ETA: I was invited to get get ready with the wedding party at my older cousin's wedding when I was around 10. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and still have a soft spot in my heart for her because of it. If your niece is well-behaved and you wouldn't mind having her there, I'm sure she would be thrilled to get ready with you. 
  • Gypsy79Gypsy79 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    She can't be a bridesmaid if you really want her in the wedding?
    Cleaning up unicorn messes!
  • I think she should be a FG as well. Honestly, what are the odds that a 2 and 3yr old will cooperate when the time comes? Having a 6 yo lead them down and have some guidence for them will be super cute and more likly to get the young ones down the aisle!

Anniversary
  • Yeah, we had FG's mom walk with her since DH's niece was three. I'd just send her down with the other FGs. Would be good to have someone older who can shepherd them if necessary.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Thanks everyone for the response. :) May just have her lead the other two FG's.

• Have her be a FG. She'll probably love being the helper since the younger two might have a hard time getting down the aisle on their own.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards