Massachusetts-Boston

non-typical engagement picture locations?

Trying to figure where in or around Boston to take engagement pictures.....I would like a mix of city/nature but I really do not want to take them in the commons or the public gardens because I feel like that is so overdone.  But I am having a hard time finding any cool spots! Any suggestions....

Re: non-typical engagement picture locations?

• Christopher Columbus Park by the North End might be really pretty.  The Rose Kennedy Greenway has some really interesting parts.  The Beacon Hill area can be really beautiful this time of year with the trees in bloom and people's flower boxes and plantings.
  • We did ours on Castle Island. Granted, not much "city" in there, but the old fort is really cool and there weren't tons of people walking around so it was a little less awkward. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • spud16spud16 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I would suggest colleges or universities in the area. Harvard and MIT have some really nice green spaces but still with the city feel.
    Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
  • I would suggest Charlestown, lots of unique nooks and a veryf Boston feel.  There is also the naval yard close by should you want some shots with the water or city line behind you. Outside of the city, there is the DeCordova Sculpture park, which has lot of interesting spots for pictures.  Good luck!
  • Thanks for the suggestions! I am still not sure where to do them.... any other ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards