Ohio-Cleveland

Columbia Ballroom

Has anyone had their wedding reception here?  Im just wondering if anyone knows what nearby hotels will shuttle our guests before and after the reception.  I am not from the Cleveland area, so we will be booking quite a few rooms with whatever hotel can provide shuttle service for our guests.  I have contacted the Holiday Inn in Strongsville on 82, but have not heard back from them yet.  Any information anyone has would be helpful...thanks!

Re: Columbia Ballroom

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    The Holiday Inn does...  Check the hotels in MIddleburg Heights as well.
  • My venue as well :) We are using the Hampton Inn in Middleburg Hts. Free airport shuttle and free guest shuttle with 10 rooms booked.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I'm using the Hampton in Brooklyn and it seems Hampton really does have the best policies.  I'd called Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn and Hampton and they were by far the best deal.  They also allow the latest shuttle service, at least at the Brooklyn one...
  • s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Holiday inn. I am interested in the ballroom as well. Could you tell me how much it would be to rent?
  • i am using the Courtyard marriott and they are amazing. its in middleburg hights and they are doing 2 shuttles every 30 minutes to the wedding and after our wedidng.
  • shanlehman21shanlehman21 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    Thanks everyone for the input.  I actually called the Holiday Inn on 82 in Strongsville and they refused to shuttle...even though we would have 20-25 rooms booked.  They stated that they only shuttle to and from the airport, but recommended a shuttle service...."CTS....216-357-3377." They were priced okay when I spoke with them...like $50 an hour...but its just another added expense...so, we'll see.

@Ashcolyer....so, the Hampton Inn in Middleburg will shuttle guests to and from the Columbia Ballroom with 10 rooms booked for sure? Our ceremony is at St Alberr the Great in North Royalton, so the Holiday Inn on 82 would have been perfect...but Im willing to look somewhere else too!

@Erinp2005....The Columbia Ballroom is very reasonably priced.  Depending on what you prefer, either buffet (which is $26 a person) or sit down (which is $29 a person).  Plus bar package which i believe starts at $13 a person ($5.50 for anyone not drinking alcohol and kids) and then an upgraded bar package is like $16 a person.  $500 deposit, which you get back as long as there isnt any damage...and then $700 to rent the place for 4.5 hours and then an additional $100 for every hour after that.  Heidi is really great to work with and has been really accommodating with everything we have asked for and requested.  Hope this helps!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:983f6dce-2b8e-4e5f-af2c-d985bb9d7fefPost:60da6b79-a717-4874-a7da-d4f6accbf50f">Re: Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am using the Courtyard marriott and they are amazing. its in middleburg hights and they are doing 2 shuttles every 30 minutes to the wedding and after our wedidng.
    Posted by mrgreenb[/QUOTE]

Is your reception at the Columbia Ballroom as well??
  • ashcolyerashcolyer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:983f6dce-2b8e-4e5f-af2c-d985bb9d7fefPost:028c4212-b6e5-4ad2-9106-dd54f93a7709">Re: Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone for the input.  I actually called the Holiday Inn on 82 in Strongsville and they refused to shuttle...even though we would have 20-25 rooms booked.  They stated that they only shuttle to and from the airport, but recommended a shuttle service...."CTS....216-357-3377." They were priced okay when I spoke with them...like $50 an hour...but its just another added expense...so, we'll see. @Ashcolyer....so, the Hampton Inn in Middleburg will shuttle guests to and from the Columbia Ballroom with 10 rooms booked for sure? Our ceremony is at St Alberr the Great in North Royalton, so the Holiday Inn on 82 would have been perfect...but Im willing to look somewhere else too! @Erinp2005....The Columbia Ballroom is very reasonably priced.  Depending on what you prefer, either buffet (which is $26 a person) or sit down (which is $29 a person).  Plus bar package which i believe starts at $13 a person ($5.50 for anyone not drinking alcohol and kids) and then an upgraded bar package is like $16 a person.  $500 deposit, which you get back as long as there isnt any damage...and then $700 to rent the place for 4.5 hours and then an additional $100 for every hour after that.  Heidi is really great to work with and has been really accommodating with everything we have asked for and requested.  Hope this helps!!
    Posted by shanlehman21[/QUOTE]

Sorry just checked my email and contract and it says 15 rooms for reception shuttle services. 10 rooms gets you a free room upgrade. The sales agent is much better at communicating via email (thick accent). Let me know if you need that. <div>
    </div><div>Are you booked already the with the ballroom? If so when did you sign the contract? I see they are already changing their prices slightly. I hope they don't over price themselves.</div>
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • I did book the Ballroom...we did it back in January.  She quoted me at like $29 per person for sit down dinner and $16 per person for the upgraded bar package.  I didnt see that they are changing their prices...we arent getting married until 09/27/2014 so im glad we locked in those rates early!
  • I am probably going to be booking the Ballroom for July 2014, and I'm in talks with the staff currently. I was quoted $14 pp for standard bar, $17 pp for upgraded bar, and $28 pp for the catering. Plus the facilities were $800 to rent, and $100 per additional hour.

@shanlehman21- do you know when they changed prices? I'm kind of wondering if I could negotiate. They seem very willing to work with me.

• Those prices that you were quoted are increased from what we booked.  Im not sure when they ended up changing.  Heidi seems super reasonable though, so I would try to negotiate with her...its worth a try :)  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards