Nevada-Las Vegas

Paris, Las Vegas Feedback

We just go engaged 9 days ago at the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris in Las Vegas.  We both have small families and a group of close friends.  We were considering going back to Paris in Las Vegas because it is such a special spot for us now.  I also love Paris and my dream is to go to the real Paris France, so my Fiance thinks it would be even more special.  I am split 50/50 about the idea.  I am just unsure about a destination wedding, I want a traditional wedding and we could do it in Paris.  I am also worried that it is asking a lot for our guests to pay for flight, hotel, transportation, and still feel obligated to give a gift.  Any feedback about Paris or even destination weddings would be very helpful!  Thank you!

Re: Paris, Las Vegas Feedback

• I think a good number of us have ran through our minds that it is asking more from our guests than an at home wedding, myself included. However, I had to tell myself that this is my wedding and if this is what makes me happy, I'm doing it. if people want to join us, great. Guests have the option to attend or not, so you are not forcing them to spend the money. They can politely decline. Also, for those who do spend the extra money to come, they get a mini-trip out of it. A number of my guests have never been to LV and are making it a trip for themselves away from the kids and to also see the Vegas sites. I think regardless of where someone has their wedding, there is alway the possibility of not pleasing all of the guests...
    This location holds some importance to you, so definitely consider it amongst your other options. However, the final decision is yours. Best of luck and congrats!!!
  • missax said:
    I'm getting married at the Paris Hotel in a few months. ;p

I agree with EmiliaC, it's not an easy decision but for some of us it's the right one. You really have to be able to come to terms with that fact that some people will not be able to go. FI's grandparents will not be at our wedding but the Paris Hotel (as well as most LV venues) will have a live stream available for people to watch online. If you decide to go to Paris, France you'll probably have to compromise a lot more guests. I went to Paris for the first time last year and it was beautiful. FI's family is from France and we were there to settle his nana's estate after her passing so it wasn't under the best of circumstances. We would have loved to get married in the real Paris but we knew a lot people wouldn't be able to afford it. We decided that we'll be going to Paris for our 1st anniversary instead.

The Paris Hotel in Las Vegas is where we were planning! :)  How do you feel about the coordinators and the progress of planning with the hotel?  Are you doing the chapel and reception banquet there as well?  I am sorry I just have so many questions!
  • missax said:
    We're also hosting a Meet & Greet dinner at Le Village buffet in the Paris.
    Thank you!  You are being a lot of help!  I contacted them last week and they are being really good about getting back to me. I also talked to them about coming back for a visit and seeing the chapel and reception area.  We were actually thinking about doing the same exact thing you are doing but we are not thinking about adding a reception.  From the pictures on the website it looks amazing to have a wedding there!
  • I meant to mention the webcasting. That is something that gave me piece of mind... Giving people the option to still feel a part of the day without being there. For not that much, I thought it was a nice thing to offer to invitees who cannot attend...
    missax said:

I'm getting married at the Paris Hotel in a few months. ;p

I agree with EmiliaC, it's not an easy decision but for some of us it's the right one. You really have to be able to come to terms with that fact that some people will not be able to go. FI's grandparents will not be at our wedding but the Paris Hotel (as well as most LV venues) will have a live stream available for people to watch online. If you decide to go to Paris, France you'll probably have to compromise a lot more guests. I went to Paris for the first time last year and it was beautiful. FI's family is from France and we were there to settle his nana's estate after her passing so it wasn't under the best of circumstances. We would have loved to get married in the real Paris but we knew a lot people wouldn't be able to afford it. We decided that we'll be going to Paris for our 1st anniversary instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards