Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Affordable cakes?

Hi again! You ladies helped me out so much with my venue question (I was unhappy with the Arboretum's scheduling/customer service... I moved the wedding to the Trinity River Audubon Center) that I thought I'd seek advice again.

Where in the world are the affordable cakes? Every place I find that has great reviews and decent photos is in the $4-5/slice range. Anyone have a fantastic cake that they paid $3 or less a slice for?

Re: Affordable cakes?

• I think Panini Cakes was under that.  They have very basic flavors, but we were beyond happy with them.  

Another popular one is The Cake Guys.  They have lots of flavors with BIG packages for pretty low prices.
    Anniversary

• The Cake Guys is a great option with their Sweet Inspirations packages.  Don't forget to look at their coupons page on their website for additional savings.

Ruth Robbins is also an excellent choice.  She is in Southlake and makes professional cakes out of her home.  Very nice lady and we got absolutely rave reviews on both of our cakes!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We picked Lisa's Creative cakes. She is super talented and very affordable!
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I loved my cake from The Cake Guys.  I ordered mine before they introduced their Sweet Inspirations Package and I still only paid around $3.50/slice.
  • I was in the market for a cake for $3.50 per slice or less.  I did tastings with Tabitha Ballard (Cakes by Design), Ruth Robbins, and Texas Star Bakery.  Tabitha's cake was by far the best-tasting, and it's only $3 per slice.  My wedding hasn't happened yet, but I'd highly recommend Tabitha based on the tasting.
  • This is what my cake will look like but I am having it with a sunset colors on the cake and NO pine cones on it. I am looking for a great cake baker! Thanks for the suggestions for the bakeries. I am going to check out the ones you have suggested!!!! 
  •    A very good friend of mine is making our wedding cake. Her prices start at $2.50 a slice for Buttercream and $3.50 per slice for Fondant. She bakes out of her house which is why she is so affortable. She lives in North Richland Hills but travels all around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

We did our cake tasting about 2 weeks ago and she brought along about 8 different flavors. We were able to have a 125 slice, 3 tier cake, with 2 different flavors, buttercream icing and a gum paste bow design for just under $315.00. I was very pleased with the price! 

She doesn't have an official website but you can see her page on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/mannascakes?fref=ts

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •    A very good friend of mine is making our wedding cake. Her prices start at $2.50 a slice for Buttercream and $3.50 per slice for Fondant. She bakes out of her house which is why she is so affortable. She lives in North Richland Hills but travels all around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

We did our cake tasting about 2 weeks ago and she brought along about 8 different flavors. We were able to have a 125 slice, 3 tier cake, with 2 different flavors, buttercream icing and a gum paste bow design for just under $315.00. I was very pleased with the price! 

She doesn't have an official website but you can see her page on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/mannascakes?fref=ts

Good Luck!
    I just looked at Manna's cakes on FB!!! SHE IS AMAZING!! I have to call her to get a quote!!! I wonder if she will make my FI a Pontiac 389 cake for his groom's cake? Hmmmm... Thanks so much for recommending her! 
  • You are most welcome! She's amazing! We used to worked together, tell her Ashley sent you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I promise that I will tell her!!! I will probably wait a bit to call her but I know what I want for a cake for the wedding cake and I know what I want for the groom's cake. It is kind of goofy but take a look. 
  • We are using Sweet Memories in Keller. Susan is the owner and also did my sisters wedding cake and it was absolutely wonderful. Very affordable and she does so many different flavors. The best thing is that in one layer she can make it two different flavors. I highly recommend her and we are so excited for her to make our wedding cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards