Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Complicated Wedding invitation wording

Hello all! So my fiance and I are paying for a third of our wedding, my maternal side (mom and grandparents) are paying for the other one third and my Dad and his wife are paying for the remaining third. What is the best way to word this in our invitations? 

Your help is so very appreciated :)

Re: Complicated Wedding invitation wording

• Options
    Contrary to popular belief, paying does not give you the right to put your name on the invitation. This is not the symphony, where you buy sponsorship. The invitations are issued from the hosts of the event, regardless of who is paying for what.

If it's an equal thing, word the invitations:
    Together with their families
    You Firstname middlename Lastname
    And
    FI Firstname Middlename Lastname
    Request the pleasure of your company (if the wedding is outside a church building)/request the honour of your presence (if it's in a physical church building)
    At their marriage
    Date, time
    Place

Also, in future, please lurk a little and read previous threads in this board. Your particular question has been asked and answered dozens of times.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    The option of "Together with their families Jane Smith and Bob Jones would..." if my favorite option. It covers everyone involved then without being specific or stepping on anyones toes.
  • Options
    Thank you, I appreciate your help. 
  • Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    "Together with their families" implies the groom's parents are paying too. I recommend CMGr's first format as that covers each of your parents.
  • Options
    "Together with their families" implies the groom's parents are paying too. I recommend CMGr's first format as that covers each of your parents.
    Actually, "together with their families" does not imply who is paying-only who is "hosting," which does not equal paying.  Who is paying is none of the guests' business.
  • Options
    It turns out that despite having been offered "help" from FI's dad, he hasn't really come through. But we wouldn't leave him off the invitation. I like "Together with their families" - we used "along with their parents and listed all the parents' names" and I'm happy with that. At this point in the planning process it would be nice if the extra funds magically appeared, but we've dealt with it, and leaving people off the invitation feels a little petty to me. We decided it was an "all the names or none of the names" thing, and we went with all, since there was sufficient room on the invite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards