Pre-wedding Parties

No BM or MOH but still want a bachelor/ette party

We are not haveing the traditional wedding with a best man and maid of honor.  But we would both still like to have a bachelor / bachelorette party.  How does this work?  Do we ask someone to throw them?  Throw it ourselves with an invite list?  Just trying to figure it all out.

Re: No BM or MOH but still want a bachelor/ette party

• GisellerinaGisellerina member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

It's a breach of etiquette to throw yourself a bachelor/bachelorette party.  It is also impolite to ask your friends to throw one for you.  If your friends want to throw one for you, they will.

I too am not having a bridal party - no best man or groomsmen, no maid of honor or bridesmaids.  Two very dear friends have offered to host a bridal shower and a bachelorette party for me - hopefully your friends will do the same for you!

Congratulations!!! 

ETA: Changed bolded from throw one for yourself (because I already wrote that) to asking your friends to throw one for you.  Oops.  Sorry.

• dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013

Just have a get together with your friends before the wedding.  I think it is ok to call it a bachelorette party if you want, but you should 100% pay for youself.  I helped my MOH plan mine, but I paid my own expenses, so it really was more like the wedding was a good excuse to have a getaway with my nearest and dearest girl friends

ETA. every b-party I have been to the bride has helped plan or totally planned it, but they also all have paid for themselves.  Maybe it is just my friends, but no one seems to think it is wrong for the bride to be involved.  I think you just can't expect people to pay your way in that case

• You can have some kind of party before your wedding, but don't link it to the wedding or any other occasion "in your honor."  Someone else has to do that.
  • You can't advertize here, sfockler, and hosting a party in your own honor is the very definition of rude and entitled.

• I appreciate the feedback ladies!

Sorry for seeming to offend a few that felt the need to reply with impolite words.
  • Viczaesar said:
    You can't advertize here, sfockler, and hosting a party in your own honor is the very definition of rude and entitled.
    What moron labeled my post as spam? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards