July 2013 Weddings

Feeling the pressure....07-13-13 bride-2-be

Plzzz tell me I'm not the only one! So far I am meeting up with the BP on Saturday because apparently there has been miscommunication about bridal shower and bachelorette party so Im going to be the moderator. Than the FI and meet with our wedding planner on the 06/15 to go back over everything once more. Like I'm getting nervous because the more and more we talk with her the more it becomes real! Then I have my bridal portrait shoot 06/22 and I actually don't want to take pics because I'm afraid of getting my dress dirty (to the point of no cleaning!) (biting nails!) Then lastly the rest of our vendors dues are due 06/13 and I'm just like OMG OMG OMG!!!! Whhhheeeeewwww...(catching breathe!) plz...I need to know I am not the only bride feeling this way.
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Feeling the pressure....07-13-13 bride-2-be

• You are definitely not the only one! When did you start planning? (love the new last name, btw!) We are definitely stressing and looking at our budget because of that big chunk of money that's due next month. And where are you doing your bridal portrait shoot at?! I bet your dress will be just fine. So don't worry too much about that!

P.S. Definitely shot an e-mail to my MOH this morning checking on the progress of both parties - I feel ya. :)

Price4life said:

Plzzz tell me I'm not the only one! So far I am meeting up with the BP on Saturday because apparently there has been miscommunication about bridal shower and bachelorette party so Im going to be the moderator. Than the FI and meet with our wedding planner on the 06/15 to go back over everything once more. Like I'm getting nervous because the more and more we talk with her the more it becomes real! Then I have my bridal portrait shoot 06/22 and I actually don't want to take pics because I'm afraid of getting my dress dirty (to the point of no cleaning!) (biting nails!) Then lastly the rest of our vendors dues are due 06/13 and I'm just like OMG OMG OMG!!!! Whhhheeeeewwww...(catching breathe!) plz...I need to know I am not the only bride feeling this way.

Interestingly, NaniLoa
  • Take a deep breath! And then another!

Personally I'd stay out of any planning for the bridal shower or bachelorette. These are parties your BP is throwing in honor of you and you shouldn't have to be a moderator. You have a much bigger party to plan (your wedding) and you don't need any added stress.

I've managed to stay pretty stress free throughout the entire planning process (apart from 1 - 1 hr freak out over a compilation of mannnny things gone wrong with my invitations- after a good cry I moved on and got back to being stress free lol). I just keep reminding myself to roll with the punches, I can't control everything and things aren't going to be perfect so no sense in getting so worked up over it. I'm marrying to man I love and that's all that matters!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with staying out of the planning process for the pre-wedding parties. You don't need the added stress. I have been freaking out too. It's crazy how quickly things have gone. I feel like it was just a month or so ago that I got my engagement ring. Whew! So much to do, so little time. I too have been trying to not stress over things. I find that no matter what, I get to marry the man I've loved for 8 years now, so it will all be okay.
  • You're not the only one!  I'm the 19th and I'm freaking out!!!  :)
  • I just checked out count down, and when I saw 44 days, I freaked out. 

Then FI came home, and goes, "I want to give people silly putty as favors!" and my first thought was "ARE YOU KIDDING ME WE ONLY HAVE 44 DAYS UNTIL THE WEDDINGAHHHH!!!" and then I realized that  I get to marry the man who would say something like that, and it's exactly that kind of spontaneity and spirit that I fell in love with, so if he wants silly putty, then darn it, he's getting silly putty, and I would figure out a way to do it for him if he said that the day before the wedding, because he's worth it. So yeah, definitely feeling the pressure (I don't even have my dress yet! it will be in soon, but still... it would just make me feel better if I knew it was in) It just seems like the to-do list seems to be getting longer, rather than shorter! 

I'm having to help coordinate some things for the pre-wedding parties, but that's because I chose to have people in my BP who are from all over the country, but those were the people who I knew I wanted there with me the morning of my wedding. So while I feel kind of weird doing some of that, on the other hand, they're doing everything that they can from where they are, and in the end, as long as we all have fun, that's all that matters :) 
  • Gahhhh yes me!!! 39 days!!! Feeling like there is NO WAY we are going to get everything done!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ughhhh ...that is all

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards