Wedding Party

Always the bridesmaid... for the same bride?

I have a unique problem in choosing my bridesmaids. One of the girls I want to ask has been a friend of mine since high school. The funny thing is, I was married once before when I was really young and naive, and this girl was a bridesmaid in that wedding. The marriage was short and ended almost 20 years ago. Now that I'm having what I call my "real" wedding, is it weird to ask the same girl to be a bridesmaid for me again? She's one of the people I would most want to spend my special day with. If I hadn't had that first wedding (which in my mind I practically didn't), I wouldn't think twice about asking her.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Always the bridesmaid... for the same bride?

• Sounds like you are very close friends, especially to have remained friends all these years. Most people aren't lucky enough to friends that long. I'm guessing she's been there with you through the bad times (first marriage & divorce), and the happy times (finding your FI) and all the good & bad in between. Sounds like the type of person I would want standing up next to me on one of the biggest days of my life. Go for it!!!
  • There were waaay more responses here a minute ago. What the hell happened to them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nevermind, this is a repeat thread... And here I thought I just needed more coffee...!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why would it be weird?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Gypsy79Gypsy79 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    sdvelle said:
    I have a unique problem in choosing my bridesmaids. One of the girls I want to ask has been a friend of mine since high school. The funny thing is, I was married once before when I was really young and naive, and this girl was a bridesmaid in that wedding. The marriage was short and ended almost 20 years ago. Now that I'm having what I call my "real" wedding, is it weird to ask the same girl to be a bridesmaid for me again? She's one of the people I would most want to spend my special day with. If I hadn't had that first wedding (which in my mind I practically didn't), I wouldn't think twice about asking her.

Thanks for any help!
    There ya go.
    Cleaning up unicorn messes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards