Chit Chat

When to find officiant?

I just talked to the person that Fi and I want to officiate our wedding. I told my mother about it to help her feel included (she acts like she doesn't care, but if I don't tell her, she acts all hurt) and she said that we should've waited until two weeks in advance. I don't think that's right. For one thing, he will need to plan for it. Two, I don't want to run around looking for an officiant that close to the wedding. Three, he does want to meet with Fi and I once before the wedding.
So when should you look for an officiant?

Re: When to find officiant?

• You should start looking for an officiant 6 to 12 months before the wedding date. 

• edited May 2013
    We "booked" our officiant when we put the deposit down on the church - which was 11 months before our wedding.
  • Two weeks?! That is absolutely absurd. We booked ours 10 months out. 
  • Teddy917 said:
    I just talked to the person that Fi and I want to officiate our wedding. I told my mother about it to help her feel included (she acts like she doesn't care, but if I don't tell her, she acts all hurt) and she said that we should've waited until two weeks in advance. I don't think that's right. For one thing, he will need to plan for it. Two, I don't want to run around looking for an officiant that close to the wedding. Three, he does want to meet with Fi and I once before the wedding. So when should you look for an officiant?
    As soon as we booked our venue and had a date, we booked the officiant.  Not sure why your mother would want you to wait 2 weeks before the wedding.  You would probably have a hard time finding anyone available!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    We booked our officiant about 10 months out. Two weeks is crazy talk.

• Thanks for the replys. That's what I thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards