October 2013 Weddings

Dresses that didn't make the cut!

Show your 2nd choice gown! (or link to it!) Just curious!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Dresses that didn't make the cut!

• I looked at that dress too! It didn't fit the occasion of my vegas wedding though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rivini Lisette was my 2nd choice. I ended up choosing another Rivini lace gown, with a closed back and fuller skirt.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I'm so lame.

I ended up with the first one I tried on as it was the ONLY one I wanted to try on. 

But, I -love- AWing wedding dresses!  :)
  • I almost got Blue by Enzoani's Florida:

And I keep having dress doubts and wishing I had the chance to try on Farley by the same designer:
  • Since I have NO idea who any of the designers I tried on were.... I'll post a few of the pictures of me in some of the dresses I said "no" to.

Dress 1: This was THE dress according to my mom & sister. Not a fan of it. At all.

Dress 2: I actually really loved this dress. This probably would have been the dress had I not found mine. The 2nd picture is how I would have gotten the back altered. (But my mom & sister both said it made me look older, something they were/are against.)
    It has a keyhole back, but when the lady did the clips like that, I knew I would have gotten this done.

Dress 3: This dress made me feel like we were gonna have a shotgun wedding.

Dress 4: This one.... I didn't want to try it on because it was out of my price range. It was $2500. But I tried it on anyway, because I had in my mind this plan of getting a convertible dress. And then... this was there. And it was glorious.

And here's the "complete" dress:

Sigh. It is a gorgeous dress, but definitely not for 2500.... especially not when the dress I ended up buying was about $650 under budget!
  • @lplions - I'm so jealous that you have pictures of you in so many gowns. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of any gowns I tried, except for the one I purchased, after I purchased!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• @SewInLoveWithDMB I got super lucky and all of the places I went to allowed me to take as many pictures as I wanted. So I have like, 100 pictures of all of the dresses I tried on. But I'm still happiest with the dress hanging in my closet. :D
  • @lplions - I'm so jealous that you have pictures of you in so many gowns. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of any gowns I tried, except for the one I purchased, after I purchased!
    This is what happened to me as well.  Once I bought my dress, there are photos but there's nothing before then.  But....I am a little glad since there were some real duds.
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • I actually bought this dress and had so many doubts I returned it. I still like it just not for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I went to a brides against breast cancer event for my dress so i tried on a bunch. 

Enjoy some of the random faces and dance moves...it was a long day for me and I was hungry

The last one i tried on ended up being the one, but the first gown I tried on was the winner until then. So the runner up

The random white block is i noticed that there was someone changing in the back

This was a close second but with out the sleeves...i would have had them altered or just removed

imageimage

I didnt like this dress originally when i had it on but i think that was becuase I thought i would fall or trip or something...(espeically with my entrance off a boat)

Every one said I would look good in lace...I didnt like the lace on this dress but before I was able to take it completly off my best friend made me take a picture

• I didn't get to take pictures either until I bought my dress but here is one I tried on that was a contender:
     maggie sottero adalee
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards