New York-Western
Options

Welcome Bags

My FI and I live in Albany, and he is farter upstate and I'm from Western NY, where we are having the wedding.  Since a good chunk of our guests are from out of town, and many have never been to Western NY, we are trying to incorporate as much of the area in our welcome bags.  What have you ladies included in your welcome bags if you did them?  So far top on the list is Troyer Farm chips, Cuba Cheese.

Re: Welcome Bags

• Options
    Webber Mustard, Sponge Candy, and Anchor Bar Hot Sauce. I also threw in stuff like Gartoade, Water, and Granola Bar. I also made up a map of the area and all the places to eat. Like Duff's for wing, Blah for Pizza, Blah for Mexican, Mighty the Buffalo Taco Bell, Ted's (now Theodore's) the Buffalo hot dog joint, etc. It also included things to do in the area like movie theater, bowling alleys, go-karts, distance to Niagara falls, malls, etc.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    Directions to Niagara Falls are a good idea.  I've had many people ask me about that already and the wedding isn't until May.

Grab a bunch of the Visit Buffalo Niagara guide books.  They are free and provide great information.

Sponge candy is another good one.  Or some sort of chocolate from either Fowlers or Watson's.

Small bottles or cans of loganberry are a fun idea, too.

Oh, for what its worth, Ted's is not "now Theodore's"  Both Ted's and Theodore's exist now.  There was a family feud which resulted in twice as many tasty hot dog joints.  :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    A Can of Aunt Rosie's Loganberry (my favorite)  or some crystal beach suckers, 

you can buy both at Wegman's, they're cheap and a good snack for in a bag!
  • Options
    directions, water, candy, custom lip balm, mini 2ounce lotion, mini soap macarons (great favors from jakeala.etsy.com) and snacks. Guests love that.
  • Options
    I get the whole Buffalo stuff, I need stuff outside of  Buffalo besides the falls.  The wedding is an hour south, so people spending the day in Buffalo isn't realistic, and isn't a huge draw.  I was looking more for land marks and stuff of that nature.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards