Maine

Flower and Cake Recommendations??

Hi ladies,

FI and I are getting married at the York Harbor Inn in October and are looking to meet with florists and bakers in the next month in the York/Wells/Kennebunk area.  Did anyone love (or hate) their florist or wedding cake?

Thanks!

Re: Flower and Cake Recommendations??

• Don't know if you're still looking, but Owen Dyer of ConfectionArt is hands down the best cake maker in Southern Maine. He made my cake and it not only was utterly gorgeous, but tasted INCREDIBLE. My guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding cake they've ever had. He's also a super awesome guy. Here's his site: http://confectionart.xwheeler.com/ 

Our florist was Melissa Fleurant of Fleurant, based out of Kennebunkport, and she was also incredible. Very creative and willing to execute on my crazy ideas. I highly recommend her as well. Good luck!
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE my florist and baker (same person!) 

Autumn Poulin from Flour! Events, a company she runs, has been such a delight to work with. We've met multiple times over the past year and she totally seems to understand what I'm looking for without me even having to articulate it (I'm very bad with flowers). She's based in Wells and has a studio at her home there, but she's traveling to my wedding in Kennebunk in a few weeks. She's also quite reasonably priced compared to other comps I got. 
    "I finally realized that I didn't want to live in world that you weren't a part of. And that was hard to admit to myself, and not just because it ends in a preposition." Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards