State of Relationship: Great! 
How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
How You Met: Marched together in the Purdue All-American Marching Band
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/19/13
Real Babies: None
Fur Babies: Abe, rottweiler mix
Loves: knitting, desserts, being outside
Hates: spinach, being sweaty
Pet Peeves: gum popping, people who listen to their music so loud you can hear it through their headphones
Hobbies/Activities: knitting, sewing, ready, archery
Favorite Thing About Your SO: His humor, he can always get me to laugh
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: The amount of time he plays video games/card games.
Describe Your Personality: Pretty low maintenance and laid back. I generally let things roll off or let them be.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2 slight snark
I've Been On TK Since: We got engaged, but really haven't spent a lot of time on it.
How You Came to Be On TK: Thought it would be helpful and my best friend used it a lot when she got married last year.
How I like my potatoes: mashed
Favorite book/author: Jodi Picoult
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Not many people know that I play the piano and teach piano lessons.

Re: Hi I'm New!

• Are you still in Indiana? I am from Michigan but I live in Plainfield. You are getting married the day before me! What kind of card games does your fiancee' play? Mine plays Magic the Gathering. 
  • Most importantly... what did y'all play? This is extremely crucial information.
  • I'm with lplions!  We need to know your instruments so we can judge your personalities.  ;)

French Horn here!

Also, yay for 'date twins'!  :) 

And yay for archery!  :)  I don't have a safe place to practice any more, but for a while I was doing it for recreation at the ren faires with my fencing group.  :)

Welcome!! 
  • Welcome to the boards! I am also a knitter and sewer, and FI does archery!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Welcome!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • @snippet17: I'm so disappointed in myself.image
  • Yeah, it's all @lplions fault!!  :p

*innocent look* 

I can't help it...I get all caught up in finding out what someone plays and everything else goes outta my noggin'!!!

And now I'm hypnotized by Stitch!!

"Ohana means family!!!"
  • He plays a bit of everything. I think he sold the Xbox because he was playing more of the PS3. But he likes to play Call of Duty, hates Halo. 
  • I play piano and clarinet, but was in the Color Guard during Marching Band. He played bass drum during Marching Band and various percussion instruments during concert season.
  • edited June 2013
    I win!

Okay, confession time, @LMichels2013. I know who your fiance is. We were neighbors for a year, although I don't think he knew it. I'm also an AAMB alumni - mello section. Graduated after my victory lap in 2011. My FH is a PVGC alum, also graduated in 2011 from the tenor section.

ETA: I kind of figured it out creeper style. I had my initial theories, but the "what section were you in" confirmed it. Sorry... but when you said you met in the AAMB, I couldn't help myself. I admit, though, to not knowing the guard as well as I could have. Nice to finally (sort of) meet you! :)
  • Where are y'all getting married? Indiana or elsewhere? I considered getting married on campus, but then realized how unfeasible it would be to do that during the fall. :)
  • lplions said:
    I win!

Okay, confession time, @LMichels2013. I know who your fiance is. We were neighbors for a year, although I don't think he knew it. I'm also an AAMB alumni - mello section. Graduated after my victory lap in 2011. My FH is a PVGC alum, also graduated in 2011 from the tenor section.

ETA: I kind of figured it out creeper style. I had my initial theories, but the "what section were you in" confirmed it. Sorry... but when you said you met in the AAMB, I couldn't help myself. I admit, though, to not knowing the guard as well as I could have. Nice to finally (sort of) meet you! :)
    Stop scaring away the newbs :)

• Hear that?

That's the cricket section singing their "Stalker" song @lplions;)

's okay...we still *heart* you! 

Creeper.  ;)  LOL!!

It's actually just proof that the world is REALLY a small place!
  • @Stina51268 sorrrrrrrrry I just got a little overexcited that they're a Purdue alumni couple too!!!
    and @shaylagirl, it's tiny!!

Sorrrrrrrry I was a creeper.......... sometimes I can't help myself.
  • Purdue alums for the win!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards