Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas Bride Dresses

Is everyone going with a traditional wedding gown for their Vegas wedding?  

I'm almost leaning towards a fun white party dress instead, but I'm worried the pictures won't look elegant enough.  I could also do one for the ceremony and another for the reception, but it just seems like a waste of money for dress that I'm only going to wear for a couple hours.

Starting to dress shop this weekend so I thought I'd start looking for ideas!

Re: Vegas Bride Dresses

• EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I think you cannot go wrong either way! I got a traditional dress because I figured, how often am I going to wear a wedding dress? It is a sheath style so not too bulky. However, I've seen vegas wedding photos with super cute shorter dresses. Try on both types and get whichever you fall in love with. The length of a dress doesnt entirely dictate elegance. you can get a cute white cocktail style dress with cute accessories and still look elegant.
    Have fun dress shopping!
  • I bought a traditional one then sold it lol...I want more of a vegas type dress, I think I found one I like but I'm so indecisive!
  • I bought a 2n1 wedding dress. Its a little blingy and different and the skirt removes to make a shorter party dress for after the ceremony. Its not what I thought I would have liked when I tried it on but absolutely loved it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having a traditional dress too. My dress is very full I love it I also wanted a typical princess type of dress I don't care about it being Vegas lol but go with what ever makes you happy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I bought a traditional dress.  I fell in love with it at the store.  However, I went to pick it up on Saturday, and I realized just how huge it really is!  Oh well, I love it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I personally went for a party dress that still looked bridal. I went to Nordstrom and, surprisingly, they had a great selection and very reasonable prices. :)
  • AllyIdoAllyIdo member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    I'm thinking I will go for a long bridesmaids dress that's white/ivory/cream. There are two shops in Boston that are specifically for Bridesmaids, and the website says a lot of brides shop there too. I like chiffon... maybe with a beaded belt or something and a chunky statement necklace.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wife did traditional for ceremony and most of reception, then changed to party dress for the last hour and the rest of the night.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I'm having a traditional dress too. My dress is very full I love it I also wanted a typical princess type of dress I don't care about it being Vegas lol but go with what ever makes you happy :)

Same here :)
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have both.  My traditional dress for all of the ceremony and reception, and then a short fun one for going out afterwards!! I plan on keeping my veil in even with my short one, so everybody will have no doubt that I'm a BRIDE! :) 
  • I did a traditional dress.  Either way works but for me I wanted a wedding gown.
  • wallacje said:
    I did a traditional dress.  Either way works but for me I wanted a wedding gown.
    My date twin lol; what you guys doing for anniversary?

• I've got a bridesmaid dress, its white and lace so quite traditional, but its short (falls just below the knee) so not totally traditional. Even if I was getting married over here in the (most likely) cold and/or wet I still would have had a shorter dress, I just prefer them, but in Vegas it will definitely help avoid me getting overly hot, I get hot and bothered very easily!

Emilia's right though, try both and just go with what you LOVE

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Just because we were getting married in Vegas didn't mean I was sacraficing on having my dream dress no matter how long the train was or how poofy! I loved wearing my dress all night!

• I hear ya Fablove! I'm looking forward to that so much! I can see why you say that too because she looked stunning in your dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • traditional dress.  YOLO!  Plus, I felt I could regret being more plain but not more fancy.
  • kazzykazzy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Traditional and then I changed into a fun little white party dress for the afterparty! Best of all worlds :D 

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• wallacje said:
    I did a traditional dress.  Either way works but for me I wanted a wedding gown.
    Hey VG, yes we are. lol even had the same photographer.  We are going to to New Orleans, we leave tonight.  What are y'all doing?
  • I got married on June 8th of this year. I had a full a line, lace gown with a long train. It was sooo pretty and I loved it so much, one snag, it was 106 degrees on our wedding day. We only had to be outdoors for an hour getting all our photographs taken. Everywhere you go in Vegas is insanely ari conditioned. I saw 3 brides while I was in vegas and all of them had traditional gowns. It just depends on what kind of wedding you're going for. Im sure whatever you choose to do you'll look amazing! Good luck
  • Maggie Sottero all the way!! I didn't care where I got married.. lol... my dress found me and needs to b worn wherever I am..

I just found a cute lil wedding dress for afterwards while going out... I knew my dress would b too much to wear around even with the bustle...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacje said:
    wallacje said:
    Hey VG, yes we are. lol even had the same photographer.  We are going to to New Orleans, we leave tonight.  What are y'all doing?
    We did an early trip to Vegas; on actual anniversary we just went to dinner and sat around hoping this IVF cycle works. :-)

• SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

I have a traditional halter style wedding dress (floor length).  I'm definitely wearing it through the ceremony and entire reception.  I'm on the fence about buying a short cocktail dress for any after party.  When I put my dress on, I don't want to take it off, so I am thinking about staying in it all night long.  My only concern is that it would be really hot and heavy to drag around all night til the wee hours of the morning, but now that I think about it, I figure all the adult beverages I will be having during the reception will help me not care about that when it happens! 

But there are SO many cute cocktail dresses out there.... tough first world problems for us Vegas brides!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't wear a traditional wedding dress for my wedding last week. This is what I wore:

http://www.swakdesigns.com/plus-size/p-715-classic-maxi-dress-in-white.aspx

I got married in the Flamingo Gardens at 10am, so it wasn't a formal venue or time. I also tried on some traditional wedding dresses, but they were not for me.

In short, wear what makes you feel at your best :).
    Nicole & Dinesh ~* June 21, 2013 *~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards