Plus-Sized

Would you buy without trying on?

I think I know what most people will say here but I fell in love with a Pronovias gown from their new 2014 collection. I live in Canada and every store within two hours of me do not carry this dress. One salon said they can order it in but it would be MY dress. I'm not sure how much Pronovias dresses run but I assume they're on the more expensive side (any Pronovias brides here willing to tell me what they paid for theirs).

This is a link to the dress:
http://www.pronovias.mobi/novia/noviadetalle?id=556&page=13

If the link doesn't work then search Pronovias Libin to see it.

A few months ago I tried on a David's bridal dress with similar features to the Pronovias gown. I admired it for months online but when I tried it on something just didn't click.

This is the DB dress:
http://m.davidsbridal.com/mt/www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Lace-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-with-Side-Split-9YP3344_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

So now would any of you order a dress without trying it on? Or if you have would you mind sharing experiences?

Thanks girls!

Re: Would you buy without trying on?

• QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I think I know what most people will say here but I fell in love with a Pronovias gown from their new 2014 collection. I live in Canada and every store within two hours of me do not carry this dress. One salon said they can order it in but it would be MY dress. I'm not sure how much Pronovias dresses run but I assume they're on the more expensive side (any Pronovias brides here willing to tell me what they paid for theirs). This is a link to the dress: http://www.pronovias.mobi/novia/noviadetalle?id=556&page=13 If the link doesn't work then search Pronovias Libin to see it. A few months ago I tried on a David's bridal dress with similar features to the Pronovias gown. I admired it for months online but when I tried it on something just didn't click. This is the DB dress: http://m.davidsbridal.com/mt/www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Lace-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-with-Side-Split-9YP3344_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes So now would any of you order a dress without trying it on? Or if you have would you mind sharing experiences? Thanks girls!

personally, I would not buy without trying it on, unless I tried on a dress of the same designer and cut.  The Davids Bridal dress is similar, but, that is also a plus size selection, and the Pronovias gown is not.  That could severely alter the way it fits, even if you buy the Pronovias in the right size.

I think Pronovias will run about $1,700-3,000, so that is very risky.

• I agree with PP - I would not order a dress without trying it on...especially one so expensive that you won't be able to return. Every designer cuts their sizes differently - what fit you in David's Bridal sizes very well might NOT fit you from another designer. For that cost, I would travel to wherever had this dress (within a reasonable distance, probably no more than 4 hours) if you really think it might be the one.
  • ask the salon if they can get the dress from you on loan from the designer almost all designers will loan a salon a gown sometimes they have muli sizes in the gown. call up the salon ask them to check with the reps at pronovias. then see if they have a gown in your size or close to your size
  • i bought my lazaro dress without trying it on, and it was $6900 before alterations. i knew that i would not be able to try on the designers i liked, so what i ended up doing was working with my consultant as she knew what shapes would look best on my body, which ended up being what i liked and then we pulled dressed and so did she. we opened them up as much as we could and then held them tightly to my body so i could envision how it would look. it came down to 2 dresses and when we took a pic of each held up to me i knew which one was THE one... i LOVED my dress!!! the only thing was that i had them take out 2 layers of crinoline as a plus size i didnt need the extra padding & they had to add in 2 panels because i needed larger than bridal 28.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards