Wedding Woes

I'm ready for a morning do-over

Got up early so I'd have time to get gas on my way in...
Dressed up a bit because we have bigwigs coming in to visit @ work today.

Getting into the car, I dumped 1/2 a hot coffee down my shirt.
So I got to get re-dressed (and now I'm annoyed because the bra I'm wearing isn't comfy, but the other would have shown through this shirt).

My hour and 15 minute commute took 2.5 hours.
There was an accident in mid-construction and the cops closed the freeway--and I was past one exit, and to far from the next exit...and the cops were busy texting so no one was directing the 3 lanes of traffic that were being forced off the freeway into a busy downtown area in rush-hour.

The bigwigs have already visited and left and didnt' end up talking to me at all, after that hassle.

Re: I'm ready for a morning do-over

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Bummer.  Big bummer.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It could have been worse!

What if, for example, you got in your car this morning and your coffee didn't spill. You got on the freeway only to have some moron rear end you in the middle of a construction zone and you were sandwiched between his car and the car in front of you. Your leg is broken and you need to be cut out of your car with the jaws of life. Your outfit is cut off of you at the hospital and you spend the next month in a cast.

That spilt coffee may have saved you from a far worse day.
  • I'm all for changing a default setting, but sometimes people just want validation. Morning sucked, do-over validated. Do-over would also not allow SB vision of doom.
  • Seriously @SBmini? Or perhaps she would have gotten to work on time and safely. Way to be.
  • GBCK, that's a crappy morning. I'm sorry. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I also recommend getting a genie bra and tossing it into your purse as an always "just in case." It's guaranteed comfort for the boobies.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Wait, do Genie Bras really work?
  • 6, if you're looking for a sports bra to wear but not do sports in, they're pretty damned comfy. It won't lift and separate but your boobs won't be hanging to your knees.
  • So just because someone has or had it worse, she can't have a crappy morning?   I think GBCK's fully aware that it could be worse, but it doesn't make her morning any less frustrating.  Jeebus. 

I bet you're the type to point out that there's starving kids in Africa when someone says they're hungry.

• GBCKGBCK member
    Well,l if I would have been early,  may have gotten stuck in the accident, (1 fatality thus far, 1 in critical), so, not all bad
    The morning has gotten better.  Finding a pudding cup for lunch helped :-P

(And I shall consier the genie bra--I try to have a fully equipped "emergency wardrobe' change @ work and I don't have a bra in it.  I have a change of everything else [although heaven help me, if I have a lab accident at work, the pants and shirt are maternity.  I'd be having a REALLY crappy day :-P]
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    jojobrn said:
    Seriously @SBmini? Or perhaps she would have gotten to work on time and safely. Way to be.
    F me for looking at the bright side, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards