Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

debating over inside or outside wedding?

our wedding is june 2014. i really want a outside wedding in a garden or gazebo. but im worried that it will be too hott, even though its going to be a late eveing wedding. im torn with which way i should go? any suggestions!

Re: debating over inside or outside wedding?

• I got married June of 2011, and it was 103 on my wedding day. Even if I would have held my ceremony at 7 or 8 to try and beat the heat, it would have only gotten down to maybe 95 and people still would have been miserable for my guests. I wasn't able to take any outdoor photos because my face would have melted off. Even inside the Church, I was hot despite the AC blasting--my dress probably added to it (that fabric is heavy!), but I spent a good portion of the time that we waited between pre-ceremony pics in the bridal suite in front of a fan.

I really wouldn't recommend an outdoor ceremony to anyone in TX after April or before October since the heat can really get bad and is totally unpredictable. It might not be a sweltering 100+ degrees, but you really have to think of your guests comfort (especially children and the elderly).

• My suggestion is if you want an outdoor wedding, don't get married in June. It will be miserable even in the evening. Not only that, but a garden is best seen during the day, not late at night and any outdoor pictures you want are also best taken during the (hot) daylight hours.

To me a garden wedding and a late night wedding do not go together but that is JMO.
  • Yeah, outdoor weddings in the summer in Texas are just not a good idea.  Courtski raises an excellent point -- most wedding dresses (even the fitted ones) are HEAVY and you are going to be wildly uncomfortable in that heat.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards