New Jersey - South

House rentals on the beach front available for a wedding?

ashd228ashd228 member
First Comment
edited June 2013 in New Jersey - South
Hello my name is Ashley and I am looking to have a beach wedding in May/June 2014.here in my question I am looking for a place to hold my reception and this is what I am looking for : I want to rent a house for 3 days somewhere in Cape may county( cape may,Avalon, ocean city strathmere, etc ). It has to be along the beach where I after my wedding ceremony my guest can walk right to the reception. I have someone will to cater my wedding as my gift from them so all the food will be taken care of :) I basically would have to have access to all the equipment in the house like the stove and oven. Any advice would be great thank you :)

Re: House rentals on the beach front available for a wedding?

• I would look into vrbo.com.  It's private owners who rent out their homes.  I would think that Avalon/Stone Harbor may be a good choice as they have some very large homes on the beach.  You should also check with the town the house is located in to see what type of permits are needed for the beach ceremony and possibly having a large event in a private home.

I do recall a poster on this board who rented a large home in Stone Harbor and had their ceremony & reception there.  But they house she rented was on the bay, which would provide great sunset pictures.
  • Ditto PP about VRBO. You can also try HomeAway. 

• Ditto pp's.  Although if you're planning on May/June, they might make you rent for a whole week depending on the house.  You could also check with a realtor in the area.
  • Also agree with pp. I'm renting a house for a week in Brigantine, it's definitely more cost efficient than renting for a day or two. We're moving in Thursday to set up early and the wedding is that Saturday.
  • Thank you everybody for the tips :) I checked homeway and I haven't heard anything back yet :( I will keep looking
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards