California-Los Angeles

Searching high and low for affordable/unique reception site

I'm having a really hard time finding a reception site that fits my needs. Ceremony location is still up in the air, but it may be Anaheim Hills or maybe La Crescenta/Glendale. I'm looking for a reception area that is big enough for 150 people, allows for an indoor/outdoor setting, is clean/modern/simple in look and feel, allows outside catering and doesn't break the bank. 

I've looked at Noor and Pandora in Pasadena, both are too expensive. I've also looked at the Anaheim Hills Country Club, but their limits are too high for the size of the reception. I REALLY like the Eagle Rock Center for the Arts and would be interested in similar venues in the Anaheim Hills area or around Glendale. Any ideas?

Re: Searching high and low for affordable/unique reception site

• Have you checked out Diamond Bar Center? It's absolutely gorgeous outside. I work a couple miles away and never knew it existed, it's up on a hill with amazing views.
  • I'm not sure if it's too late, but check out Crafted at the Port of LA www.craftedportla.com. We just had our wedding there and the space is HUGE! Our ceremony and reception was there and we had plenty of space for 140 people.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Well, I think I must have looked at 100 places online. Looked at the Orange Hill Restaurant, The Calamingos Equestrian Center (turned out to be way out of budget), The Peter Strauss Ranch (the most logistically challenged location ever) and Temescal Gateway Park. A lot of places I liked but they won't work because they have a shut down time of 10 PM, like the Hidden Chateau and Descanto Gardens. 

The leader right now is Temescal. I just can't find anything else that meets all our needs. Now the problem is that their events coordinator won't get back to me!
  • I also thought of diamond bar center!
  • SBminiSBmini member
    Diamond Bar center is completely booked for 2014, Temescal is booked through July. I think I found it though. I'm checking out Union Station on Saturday and I'm 95% sure it's the one.
  • the LA Arboretum is a great place but it doesnt have an indoor location. venue for reception and ceremony costs 3100, and the food is reasonably priced too =) (you have to use their caterer it was around $25-37 per person depending on what you want) youll also need to use their rental place but for 200 people thats around $5000 for chairs and tables and stuff

they dont start booking till July for next year so there's still plenty of time to check it out =)

• SBminiSBmini member
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know of a good reception site for the LA Arboretum? Because of their rules and early end time, I wouldn't want to have a reception there.

Edit: Actually, I think the Pasadena Sheraton would work really well for this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards