Delaware

After Ceremony Pictures

FI and I are getting married in wilmington at a church with a 2 hour gap in between ceremony and reception. We are looking for somewhere to go that we can get pictures at before the reception in september. Gardens? someplace unique? any suggestions???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: After Ceremony Pictures

• We have the same issue.  After church pics, we're considering pictures in Rodney Square, if the weather is nice and there's no event there that day.  The original idea was to go to Valley Garden park, but it's kind of a pain to get into the park in dresses, heels, etc.  Plus Rodney Square is much closer.  We may also try to see if we can get pics on the steps of the old courthouse across the street.  We also considered the library.  I love the idea of some city street pics in that area, since this is where we live!
    The alternative in case of bad weather is a patio room at our reception venue.  It's indoors, has a fireplace, and would make a nice spot to take indoor pictures.
  • How unrealistic would longwood be for you? 2 hours isn't too bad, but I think they do make you pay. I would also ask a close family friend or family member who has a beautiful back yard.. easy and free!
  • Gibraltar garders are in Wilmington. They are amazing and are perfect backgrounds for pictures. I am taking mine there June 22 during my gap. The number to call is 302.322.7100, they do not charge a fee and they are open from sun up to sun down. Hope that helps!
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    They no longer charge a fee?  I heard in the past that they did, which is why we weren't considering there.  I may need to reconsider.
  • thanks everyone! longwood is not unrealistic just going past our venue. Gibraltar gardens i did call they are starting a new process where we may need to pay by September .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards