Snarky Brides

ZOMG THOUGHT PROVOKING POLL

2»

Re: ZOMG THOUGHT PROVOKING POLL

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_zomg-thought-provoking-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2d37961-0e9e-414c-bb00-adf26fc867bbPost:76bcd412-e25b-49b3-a482-d8f9dea4bfe4">Re: ZOMG THOUGHT PROVOKING POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? 25 If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be? Don't be an assshole. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Yes, but that's who I am.  I hold grudges like a biitch and I won't let go of it no matter how much I need to. <strong>Have you done anything lately worth remembering? The time H and I have spent together lately is worth remembering always.  Life is the epitome of perfect at this very moment and I will never forget it. (God that sounds so cheesy)</strong> Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? Neither.  It's just a way to momentarily get through. Would you break a law to save a loved one? Yes When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? Family  When was the last time you tried something new? This weekend, golfing! Which activities make you lose track of time? Designing, building websites Time or money? Time What makes you smile? My husband, feeling productive, doing new (fun) things 
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That is actually really sweet!</div>
  • How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? 21

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be? All you need is love

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Lots of things

Have you done anything lately worth remembering? Yes, if only to remember how nice people can be.

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? Weakness, which sucks because I cry at the drop of a hat.

Would you break a law to save a loved one? Yes

When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? My health

When was the last time you tried something new? Can't think of anything so I guess it's been awhile

Which activities make you lose track of time? Sleeping, reading, TV

Time or money? Money

What makes you smile? A good comedy, my dog, and FI
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be?
    I have no idea

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?
    Probably

Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
    I sure hope so

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
    I think it depends on the person

Would you break a law to save a loved one?
    Of course

When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most?
    Family

When was the last time you tried something new?
    I don't remember which means I should try something new soon.

Which activities make you lose track of time?
    Reading, shopping and watching TV

Time or money?
    Money

What makes you smile?
    My family
  • ha ha thanks, Kate.  It's sounds so cheesy but it's true.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Full disclosure - I'm answering before reading the rest. Hopefully you haven't moved on too far from the poll :-)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? 25

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be? Be nice to each other. Fortunately my girl Ellen does that for me.

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Yep

Have you done anything lately worth remembering? Absolutely

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? I think it depends on the situation. I cry all the time yet I consider myself to be a strong person.

Would you break a law to save a loved one? In a heartbeat

When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? Family

When was the last time you tried something new? I feel like I try new things a lot...

Which activities make you lose track of time? Napping, being out with friends

Time or money? Both would be nice. Now I don't really have either. haha

What makes you smile? Most things. I'm a smile whore
    Photobucket
  • How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? This was a very confusing question until I saw how other people answered. hah. Mentally, I usually feel more close in relation and outlook to my mom than I do my friends. I'm like Sesh, I am a cranky old lady.

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be? Find passion for something in your life.

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?  Eh. Nah, nothing significant.

Have you done anything lately worth remembering? Bought a puppy.

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? I don't think it is a sign of either, it just is what it is, and happens sometimes to everyone, weak or strong.

Would you break a law to save a loved one? Depends on what law but yeah.

When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? My family.

When was the last time you tried something new? I tried J's beef stew recipe last weekend. It was delicious.

Which activities make you lose track of time? The internet.

Time or money? Time oh dear goodness.

What makes you smile?: My little baby dog, jamba juice, summer days, my husband, hanging out with my mom.
  • How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? 20.  

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be? Don't hold grudges or find reasons to resent people.  In the end, it only eats at you... not them.

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Most likely.

Have you done anything lately worth remembering? Lately? No.

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? Both.  Strength in that sometimes you need to let it out to go on and accomplish what needs to be done.  Weakness, if you let a situation get too much of you and wallow in self pity. (If that makes any sense)

Would you break a law to save a loved one? Most definitely

When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? That I lived a good life, worked hard and loved those close to me.

When was the last time you tried something new? Knitting... I've been trying for a month, I suck.

Which activities make you lose track of time? Running.

Time or money? In the past I would've said money but you can't get time back... money you "can".

What makes you smile?  Random acts of kindness, cute kiddos, FI, family, friends.

For real though, I don't think I have ever been this "sappy."  I hope no IRL people see this, they might think I've gone soft.
  • How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? 23, 24. 

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be? Uh, no idea.

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Yeah, the days when I could be lazy and not do anything.

Have you done anything lately worth remembering? The walk through the park with H. 

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? Neither.

Would you break a law to save a loved one? Sure would. 

When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? Accomplishing all my major life goals.

When was the last time you tried something new? I tried asparagus at Easter. That counts, right?

Which activities make you lose track of time? Spending time with H, reading, WoW.

Time or money? Like, short rich life or long poor life? Depends on how poor and how short. I'd definitely take the longer life if we were like, where we are right now, not broke but definitely not well off.

What makes you smile? Orange creamsicles, the smell of a freshly cut lawn, being outside, and H.
    externally? 31.  internally? 51. 

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be?  there's no such thing as low fat, move your ass more.  lol.  kid-ding.   it'd be the golden rule, do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? yes but i'm related to a sociopath so letting go of it is not a good idea.

Have you done anything lately worth remembering?  more like something my family won't let me forget.  this last megaball lotto drawing, the one for $600M+?  when it was at $200M, I had all 6 numbers filled out on a card I hadn't played because I thought the drawing was Saturday, not Friday.   that weekend sucked ass.

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? strength.  it's harder/uglier trying not to cry.

Would you break a law to save a loved one?  I have.

When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? grandchildren who can't wait to come over.

When was the last time you tried something new? this morning. fixed a flat for the 1st time ever.   in heels.  not awesome.

Which activities make you lose track of time? snuggling.

Time or money? time.

What makes you smile?  someone smiling at me.  smell of fresh laundry.  the crook of my dude's neck.  baby giggles.
  • How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? 21..im really only 22, but I would have enjoyed being 21 one more year. If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be? I don't pretend to like you, I either do or I don't..and believe me, you'll know it when I don't. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Some stuffed animals from my childhood, that's about it. Have you done anything lately worth remembering? Completed my first wedding registry without arguing with my fiance. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? Depends, im not one to cry when watch a movie or at a funeral.. but in other situations i'll ball my eyes out.. Would you break a law to save a loved one? yep, no doubt. When you're old as shiit, what will matter to you most? My family When was the last time you tried something new? the other day. Which activities make you lose track of time? Crocheting, reading, working on my wedding. Time or money? Time..with more time, I can make more money, problem solved. What makes you smile? My fiance, even though he's the biggest cheese ball on this planet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

If you had an opportunity to get a message across to a lot of people, what would that message be?
         * That YOU matter, but WE matter more.

* guilt over whether i waited too long to have kids

* I made calculus my bitch at the exam this morning

*weakness generally

* damn straight (providing by "save" you mean it's life or death)

* Not a damn thing but happiness

* Yesterday.  I'm trying out a new art technique

* Art (i enter a time warp), organizing shelves and such, gardening, reading..

Time or money?
         * always time

What makes you smile?
         *people who give with their hearts
    During the day, I act middle-aged. At night, though, I'm more like a friggin' 18 year-old.

Lately I've wanted to say: it's just rain, people. I promise you the sky is not falling. It is inappropriate for you to be driving 40mph on the freeway with your hazards flashing.

Do old clothes count? And maybe some photos that I haven't sorted through.

Yes. I had a rockin' weekend and got to meet lots of folks performing at the concert last night.

Weakness.

Absolutely.

I'd like to say something endearing, like being loved or content, but the first thing that came to mind was being comfortable. Old people always seem so uncomfortable.

This weekend.

Playing video games (xbox), studying, cooking, sunbathing.

Time or money?
    Time. No, money. No, time. Money. Time. Ahh hell, I want a watch made out of money.

What makes you smile?

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • PROVOKING YOUR THOUGHTS!

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

I worry that I am a bad mom. I also worry that I am turning into my grandmother because everything pisses me off lately. I worry that I am turning into my mom and am going to start menopause in the next couple of years because my mom went through it at 38. I'll be 35 next month. I worry that I  am turning into my dad because I work all of the time. I worry that I am not thankful enough for what I have and that I don't make the effort enjoy my life enough.

Not that I can think of. I was asked recently to do another seminar for a local group of people who are out of work or networking. Doing that always makes me feel good because I'm helping people.

It depends on the situation. I don't really think it's a sign of either. It's just kind of something what happens. Now, when my H ugly man cries over the fact that his team lost a foot ball game, that's weakness. Fo sho.

Sure.

Ben. My relationship with H. Humor.

Since I started my new job, I've done a ton new things.

Knotting. Creating training programs. Writing communications. Pintrest.

Time or money?

That's a tough one. I really don't know.

What makes you smile?

My stinky boy. The marmalade joke. Lunch with friends.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

Heirloom vegetables are very important, the food (even organic) that is sold in grocery chains is absolute crap and is ruining the planet, supporting your local community and learning to be self sustaining is the smartest thing you can do for so many reasons.

Of course.

Nope. Most of what I do on a daily basis is pointless and has very little meaning, but I have fun doing it and I think thats more important.

I dont think being emotional = weakness, I think it just means you have heart.

It really depends on the situation. Id have to say probably not, depending on how they got into that situation and what would happen to me for saving them.

My journey, the memories, knowing I did the best I could.

My aunt made me eat this weird hard root like vegetable (that looked like a boob) that she got at an asian market, you slice it thin and squeeze lime over it and spice it with some spices. It was gross.

Drinking and playing games, laughing.

Time or money?
    Since I have more time than money at this point, im going with money. I dont want to live forever, but id love to be rich!

What makes you smile?
    The absurdity that is life, weird things that happen on a daily basis, life (like... living beings, animals, people, bugs, etc.
    24 - everyone always says I look younger than I am, so I'll make myself younger. ;)

Go after that which will make you content. Not happy necessarily, but content.

Probably. But I try to have a "short memory" and not hold grudges.

I was baptized this past weekend. I think that's definitely worth remembering.

Neither. I think it's a sign of passion and caring.

Minor, probably. Major, doubtful.

That I spent time with my loved ones while they were still around.

I tried a new clam sauce recipe a couple of weeks ago. It was yummy.

Hanging out with my in-laws, video games, reading.

Time or money?
    Money. I have lots of time, and not as much money right now.

What makes you smile?
    DH. He makes me laugh, and smile, and feel truly special every day.
    Around 23

That there is always someone out there who loves you.

Probably. 

I hope so.

Depends on the situation. Crying because your boyfriend won't buy you a bunch of nice things - weakness. Crying because your child is graduating - strength. 

Depends on what kind of saving they need.

My daughter and any other future children I might have.

Yesterday - took a trip in my car more than an hour away.

Reading, writing, and watching shows.

Time or money?
    Depends on the situation. In general, though, time.

What makes you smile?
    My daughter. My fiance's silly jokes. My dog snuggling with me. Cute videos. The little things. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards