Nevada-Las Vegas

Meet & Greet

What does everyone have planned for the meet and greet (or what did you do)?  Is it in your hotel room, bar, restaurant?  

I was thinking of doing drinks, apps and cupcakes in our suite, but we might have too many people for that.  We are already spending too much on the ceremony and reception the next day, so we are trying not to spend too much for Friday.  I feel like we need to do something though especially for the family that won't be coming out to the bars and clubs.

Thanks in advance for ides!  
We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: Meet & Greet

• We are having our meet and greet in our vista suite at Mandalay Bay. We too don't want to spend as much so we are purchasing some beer and wine, looking at Qdoda taco catering (prices are decent for a taco bar) and having Sin City cupcakes because Fablove on the board here has made me want them so bad and my mom insists on cake for the reception. I only want to do about a two hour meet and greet and no more so people can go out and enjoy Vegas. Most of my guests come in Thursday night or Friday morning and leave Sunday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you do it in-suite and want heavier than apps food, check out Hougan's for catering:

http://www.vegasgroom.com/()-Hougans-Racing-Sandwich-Shop_123.html

Jason's Deli works too but I love Hougans; local small business and awesome people.

If not in suite, Hussong's Cantina is a very good deal for food and booze.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Wow VG, what a story! Lol. I will look into them for our meet and greet too. Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I am in the same boat--most of our budget is going to the reception & I don't want to spend a ton on an event the day prior. 

We are planning on hanging out at a bar happy hour and inviting folks to join us if they'd like. That way we can pay for some folks' drinks and appies, but if they want to get real food they can choose to order it themselves. 

We looked into a suite meet & greet, but so many of our guests had never been to Vegas and we wanted them to have the opportunity to explore the city on their own after an informal afternoon happy hour. We are also getting group rates to a Cirque show that night, so people can buy their own tix & join us for that after happy hour too.
  • mnupp,

Do you mind saying who you contacted for the group rates and how much? I didn't realize that a discount was even possible! I am interested in something similar after out meet and greet too, that is a great idea. Thanks!
    mnupp said:
    I am in the same boat--most of our budget is going to the reception & I don't want to spend a ton on an event the day prior. 

We are planning on hanging out at a bar happy hour and inviting folks to join us if they'd like. That way we can pay for some folks' drinks and appies, but if they want to get real food they can choose to order it themselves. 

We looked into a suite meet & greet, but so many of our guests had never been to Vegas and we wanted them to have the opportunity to explore the city on their own after an informal afternoon happy hour. We are also getting group rates to a Cirque show that night, so people can buy their own tix & join us for that after happy hour too.

• mnuppmnupp member
    Of course! We are seeing LOVE, so I wrote to groupconcierge@mirage.com. Her name is Rachael and she is GREAT -- I've e-mailed multiple times with questions, sometimes just about the hotel property, and she gets back to me promptly & thoroughly.
    You could probably use the group concierge at any hotel where shows are playing, but honestly, I'd suggest you just e-mail Rachael and ask for her advice/connections, as she's been fabulous. :)
  • mnuppmnupp member
    PS Group rates for LOVE are 25% off + no booking fee (usually $11/ticket) for groups of 12 or more. So tickets are like $89, $107 or $127 each.
  • Just my two cents we got seat up high and they were great no bad seats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Pink, We were in the second tier and the view was great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just my two cents we got seat up high and they were great no bad seats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto on the LOVE seats.   We did half price show tickets and ended up in the last row and we still had a great view and loved the show!  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • We are having our Meet & Greet at Stripburger. Providing some appetizers and everyone's first drink for a few hours. They've been great to work with in planning it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards