Plus-Sized
Options

plus size samples only?

I'm going to start looking at wedding dresses over the summer and im having a debate.  i know im giong to need a plus size gown, and im trying to decide if i want to go to salons that have plus size samples.  i know i can get "clipped" or "squeezed" into a non-plus size sample, but im afraid i won't get a true feel of how the dress looks and feels.  thoughts? opinions?

Re: plus size samples only?

• Options
    go to places that have plus size you will feel more comfortable trying on the dresses and get a better feel for them 
  • Options
    Lots of places will have plus size gowns to try on. The chains like Davids and Alfred Angelo will. If it is a smaller store, consider calling before you go in. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to find a place where I could squeeze into a gown, but I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of shops in my area that had plus size gowns. We even have a bridal shop the specializes in plus sizes in my city.

I really wanted a Wtoo gown and couldn't find a store that stocked samples in a size bigger than a size 8. I contacted the designer and they shipped sampled out to a salon in my city for me. They had great customer service, and I totally felt like a princess. I ended up with a Wtoo gown, obviously. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had good luck posting on my local board for suggestions of shops that carry plus size samples to try on. 
  • Options
    thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards