New York-Western

shuttle

Hi ladies. I know there was a post about this a while back, but I'm just curious who you guys are using for transportation for your guests. I'm just looking for something from the hotel(embassy suites) to the reception (Pearl Street) and back. I'm also curious how you guys set it up. Do you have them for like an hour before and hour after? Thanks so much

Re: shuttle

• edited December 2011
    I don't know much about this (they include it with our venue) but I have heard some people hiring a limo bus, and other brides saying they were planning to charter a school bus to run at a particular time.
  • shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked with your hotel to see if they provide anything? I know some hotels do that.

Our ceremony and reception are in the same place and we probably won't have any OOT guests so I'm no help here.  Like PP said, I've heard of people renting school buses or if you want something a little fancier, trolleys.
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hired a school bus from grand tours from 4:30pm- 3:00 am. it worked out wonderfully I didn;t have to worry about drinking and driving and it was like $600 with the tips.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!! I'm just concerned about people drinking and plus we also have a lot of out of town guests, so I'm trying to make things as simple as possible.
  • beekaboo43beekaboo43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had posted a similar question a few weeks ago...

After calling around, we decided to go with a school bus from First Student.  They charge $60/hr for a 41 passenger bus and guarantee that they will have a bus available as long as we call two weeks ahead.

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    giorgios' limo.

they also gave a discount if you say natalie referred you to them.
  • AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are actually using giorgios for our limo. when we called they offered a one trip option or a four hour split, which  two hours before seems like a lot. Are  you using either of those options??
  • edited December 2011
    we are splitting it into 3 times...

we are doing adam's mark to shea's (ceremony), shea's to pearl street and pearl street to adam's mark.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards