New York-Long Island

Blocking hotel space

Hey girls!

Just wondering if any of you are blocking hotel space for your guest? If so, how far in advance did you block the space? Me and my FH have family that are coming in from out of state and from out of the country and would need around 10 rooms.

Thanks!

Re: Blocking hotel space

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2012
    i did at 2 different hotels (some had marriott points). we did as soon as we booked our venue.

• We did ours right before we sent out invites because most hotels will provide cards to go in the invites with the group code number. 

Not sure where you're located but the Courtyard Mariott in Ronkonkoma was wonderful?
  • Thanks! I live in Brooklyn and the catering hall is in Coney Island which is also in Brooklyn.I know of two hotels that are about 15 minutes away from there that are located on the bay. The only thing is I think they may be pricy :/
  • Maybe try to block rooms at one pricey hotel and one less-pricey hotel, so your guests will have options?  Also, make sure you don't get charged if the rooms go unused - some places make you pay a portion of the room costs even if your guests don't fill them.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I have considered that. The only thing is the hotels that are more expensive are about 30 minutes away from where the catering hall is located. I spoke with the two hotels that are close by and they advised me that they don't provide a shuttle bus for our guest. They both quoted me in the range of $150 to $200 a night. Since its so far in advance they couldn't give me an exact price. There are a lot of things I need to look into before I settle on a hotel.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2012
    you could arrange transportation for them. hire a bus to bring them to hotel and drive them back. 

i didnt wait for the cards from the hotels since i blocked at 2. i made an insert to go in the save the dates iwth maps and hotel info and distances.  since so many of our guests were oot i couldn't wait until i sent out the invites.

• That's what the hotels advised us to do. The thing is we are kind of on a budget. When I called the hotels, they said they would get my guest a taxi but the guest would need to pay. I would feel bad having my guest pay. I also have guest who would be driving in but then if they need to drive they can't drink.  I'm going to speak with my limo service since I got a good deal with them and see what they say. I still have a year and 6 months left to take care of this LOL. Thanks for all your help! :)

• We did ours 4 months prior as we made it part of our Invitation with an Accommodation card that told everyone the location, how to make the reservations, and when to make them by - most hotels offer the specal rate upto 1 month prior to the event.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards